CWG Diamonds Squad

CWG Diamonds Squad2022-04-21T18:07:22+10:00

Forums Australia CWG Diamonds Squad

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Have no issues with the team, a bit of concern that the mid court reserve is a WD/C. No coverage for attacking midcourt – given RBD is good cover for WD too, you think they would take Proud.

Also, it’s a concern that that 2/4 shooters are the combination for the team that finished with the wooden spoon. Wood should be there based on performance in England and experience but Koenan just lacks some punch for me. Her accuracy has been great the last few rounds though.

JR
    Participant

I agree NB12……with Weston and Aryang cover to WD then a WA/C is a better option in reserve. So Proud not Price, who in SSN has only played C in recent years. At least Vixens played Moloney in WD in later games this year. But Wood is great in WA.

JR
    Participant

And who would you have in goals instead of Koenen?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by JR.
    NB12
    Participant

Tough call but I’d probably sneak Wallam in there. She still has a lot to work on but I think she offers more than Koenan.

JR
    Participant

So would you take Koenen as a travelling player? Or a GA like Dwyer given Bueta plays GS so well?

Also, I am curious about why they are making this announcement tomorrow. They elevated Proud and RBD less than a fortnight ago. And I am sure I have heard the selectors talking about wanting to see combinations from players who aren’t SSN team mates. So if they cut the team tomorrow and camp is after the GF in Perth, then how can they see those combos?

JR
    Participant

Announced during half time at the Magpies – Vixens game. As per the leaked team on page 6.

NB12
    Participant

Koenen as a back up.

All in all, I’m not disappointed with the Koenen selection. It’s much of a muchness given she isn’t the starter.

Morts
    Participant

I hope this isn’t accurate. Moloney just doesn’t cut it in attack for me

sami j
    Participant

Justice for the Maddys, pretty solid squad though. My only changes would be Turner in the 12 (can’t believe she isn’t even a reserve) and Aryang the reserve and Proud instead of JLP

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I am fuming that Proud isn’t in there. We need more C/WA cover because, as others have said, Brazill/Moloney/Weston/Aryang and even Hadley can cover WD. If Liz Watson gets injured we’re absolutely screwed because our back up middie is JLP.

NB12
    Participant

Aryang has had a couple of good games against Harten and Housby this season. That has probably helped her, they are probably going for her long arms. For me, it was a line call between Turner and Aryang, but when there isn’t many tests between them – Aryang has performed well at WD.

I also think RBD is the best option as a reserve, she is a debutant but it’s not as if Turner and Aryang have much experience ahead of her.

Price is a head-scratcher though. There is no WA back up. If we did lose an attacking middie though (touch wood!!) perhaps Wood would cover it and Wallam would get promoted.

Cb98
    Participant

@Netballcrazy1
    Yep!! I was having the same thoughts – regardless of Proud’s form (which is brilliant and she is deserving in her own right), it’s just a stupid selection strategically. Hadley is a good WA, but she doesn’t play with same style of dominance as Watson. Hadley balances well with an attacking centre (like Proud!), and Moloney and Price are both more defensive centres.

JR
    Participant

Justice for the Maddy’s ??????? They’re NOT in the team.

netballgirl
    Participant

I wouldn’t have taken Moloney, her track record for the diamonds has been atrocious!! I also believe parmenter deserves the gig over Brazil, her stats have been stronger this season.

NB12
    Participant

Moloney having a couple of good games in WD probably saved her.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia CWG Diamonds Squad