Fever fined and docked 2021 premiership points for salary cap breaches!

Fever fined and docked 2021 premiership points for salary cap breaches!2020-12-14T14:49:41+10:00

Forums Australia Fever fined and docked 2021 premiership points for salary cap breaches!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yeah it would be for Fowler – as without her they’re not finals contenders.

mcleod
    Participant

I reckon they are not the only club doing it, but they got found out.

Ian Harkin
    al_ex
    Participant

It makes you wonder just how much Fowler was earning in those years. Her salary was probably more than double the next highest paid professional netballer.

Ian Harkin
    NZChampion
    Participant

Wow. So yes it looks obvious that JF was the highest paid athlete for Fever. But did the rest of the team take cuts? Surely with your fantasy netball expertise, you could work this out Ian? :good:

Ian Harkin

Apart from Fowler and Bruce, the rest of the team really doesn’t stand out. I think whoever it was, they were just SO worried about getting Fowler and then keeping her.

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I agree, there seems to be a lack of transparency and accountability with this situation at Fever. Definitely expected more information from the club in regards to the consequences and steps taken

Ian Harkin

Ha ha, just realised my headline can be taken a different way… should have said “docked premiership points for 2021′, not “docked 2021 premiership points”. Boy, that would have been harsh!!! :-)

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Maryann
    Participant

Interested to read this – I had assumed, clearly wrongly, that this sort of deal went on all the time and wasn’t included under the salary cap.

TB
    Participant

I had thought the same too Maryann

Ian Harkin

Yeah, it’s a bit confusing. I think you are actually allowed in the salary cap a certain $$$ amount to spend on these things, but Fever went WAY over the limit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Fever fined and docked 2021 premiership points for salary cap breaches!