Fever’s new coach is…

Fever’s new coach is…2021-09-06T15:50:09+10:00

Forums Australia Fever’s new coach is…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ctree
    Participant

As a Fever Fan I’m not feeling entirely optimistic about this. His time at Tbirds wasn’t great.

Kat
    Participant

To be fair I think there were a lot of issues at the Thunderbirds before Dan took over and while he was coach that was out of his control. I am sure some of the posters here will remember the details.

I think it is a great appointment.

TB
    Participant

I feel the same as you @ctree
    But he’s gained a lot more experience from the TBirds days. So hopefully he can do well here with Fever!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I can understand why some Fever fans might be hesitant but he has grown so much since his time at the Thunderbirds. On top of that, NSA gave him very little support in my opinion and there was so much chaos with the board and management that I think it made things difficult. Didn’t help that the last coach was sacked mid-season either.

Ian Harkin

al_ex
    Participant

I haven’t been that impressed by Ryan’s coaching and his track record for both Thunderbirds and NI wasn’t great, but he is clearly loved by players and builds very strong cultures within his sides. Rhinos has a great debut season as well it must be said. I thought Stacey’s assistant would take over so it will be interesting to see how the whole coaching team fits together. Fever’s success will be very dependent on whatever Fowler does I think.

NB12
    Participant

It’s difficult to to know if it’s a good signing without knowing who else applied.

I think Dan will do a great job because there are excellent foundations for him to build on. You have to acknowledge that he did not give up on coaching after what happened at Tbirds, but rather went away and grew.

He actually did some great things at NI, and the players spoke very highly of the high performance aspects of his coaching, intensity they hadn’t experienced before.

Ian Harkin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Fever’s new coach is…