Forum’s 2022 SSN Player and Team of the Year

Forum’s 2022 SSN Player and Team of the Year2022-06-29T22:04:07+10:00
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Okay, it’s time to think about this.

At the conclusion of Sunday’s grand final, you can send me your picks for this, either by sending me a private message on here or by emailing me at sportznut67@gmail.com. If you’ve never sent a private message on here before, simply hover over the button at the top of the screen that says “Contact”, and “Private Message” pops up. Click on that and you should be able to go from there.

So, here’s what to do. For Team of the Year, you need to just pick one player for all 7 positions. And please no shifting players to another position just to get someone on the team. They have to be the best player in their position and they must have played there regularly throughout the season.

Once you’ve picked your 7 players, then nominate one of them as your Player of the Year.

But please, hold off on picking your team until after the grand final.

Don’t forget about this. Start sending me your thoughts.

Come on, guys. Think about this.

We currently have 4 positions that are clear-cut, 3 which are very close, and player of the year is pretty close too. I’ll leave this open for a day or so longer.

I’m closing off voting now. Will post the results in the next day or so.

Here is the team as chosen by you…

For Player of the Year, Fowler just got the nod ahead of Shamera Sterling and Maddy Proud, with Gretel Bueta, Latanya Wilson, Liz Watson & Amy Parmenter also getting votes.

Fowler, Proud, Parmenter & Sterling were all easy winners in their positions, but GA, WA, and GD were all close. In GA, Bueta finished just ahead of Housby, in WA, Watson finished just ahead of Browne, and in GD, Wilson finished just in front of Bakewell-Doran.

Okay, sorry, this is a bit late (very late). I forgot! Hopefully, you can still remember the season enough. Don’t worry about sending me your votes. Instead, just simply reply here with your thoughts on each of these categories, and we’ll discuss them…

Most Improved Player
                    Most Underrated Player
                    Toughest Competitor
                    Highlight of the Year
                    Lowlight of the Year
                    Personality of the Year

sarahk90
                    Participant

Most improved: Latanya Wilson hands down. I feel like she really took the GD bib this year after spending probably more time in WD or bench last season
                      Most underrated: Emma Cosh. Love her in GA and glad she got to play there a little more this year
                      Toughest competitor: It’s gotta be Fever. Having Sasha in GA (instead of warming the bench) definitely made the difference this year. Defenders couldn’t just double team on Jhaniele anymore because Sasha was hitting the super shots left right and centre.
                      Highlight: All the come from behind or one goal wins. I feel like there was so many this year
                      Lowlight: When Thunderbirds lost in the last few minutes to Vixens after smashing it all game. I was at courtside at this one and it was in a big stadium in SA with so many extra fans so it made it even worse
                      Personality: Shamera!

Participant

MIP: Latanya Wilson. Leaps and bounds ahead
                        Most underrated. Alice TN from fever. Quietly achieving stats even the seasoned WAs would be proud of
                        Toughest competitor: Georgie Horjus. Nothing phases her. Bruce pulling a long lean? No probs…
                        Highlight: FEVER PREMIERSHIP!!!
                        Lowlight: Wallace ACL
                        Personality: Tilly McDonald

Our Forum Team of the Year was exactly the same as the team announced at last night’s Australian Netball Awards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Go to Top