Georgia Tong, the accidental Silver Fern

Georgia Tong, the accidental Silver Fern2021-10-06T06:17:12+10:00

Forums New Zealand Georgia Tong, the accidental Silver Fern

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/lockerroom/georgia-tong-the-accidental-silver-fern

Jinxibo
    Participant

Thanks for posting this Ian. It’s a nice article, I didn’t realise she’s taller than Jane Watson. What’s not to like B-) :whistle: B-)

Maryann
    Participant

I also thought, from all comments heard in media, that she was the shortest of the defenders. She is the slightest by far but speed is useful.

Kerryn
    Participant

and I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a better vertical jump than Jane too

I think her and Burger would be a pretty good combo – Burger is used to Jane hunting so just instinctively drops back – if she can prove herself at this level – and if Jury can keep improving, may that be Sulu’s comm games spot under threat??

WeWood
    Participant

I hope for Tong’s sake she has that starting GK bib for the Magic next year, or even GD and let Rore ease her way back in from the back.

My concern is MJ Araroa seems to be a Mikaere fan. Give me Tong’s speed and ability to attack the 45s every day of the week over Mikaere’s lean and height.

Maryann
    Participant

For the last couple of seasons those in the Ferns squad seem to have had the starts in ANZ – let’s hope it does continue.

Kerryn
    Participant

she well deserves a starting spot – I’m still kinda hoping (which I know that won’t) that they drop Erana and pick up a WA!! as stated above she’s there for her height and her lean, neither of which she uses to overly great effect!!! (well she does on the odd occasion which always has the commentators singing her praises!!)

WeWood
    Participant

@Kerryn was hoping it would have been Tong and Maihi in the circle together with Rore in front, or her dropping back into the circle if necessary.

Mikaere and Kersten feel surplus to requirements in this tea – especially when you consider Edgecombe the youngster likely to be getting splinters on the sideline all season..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Georgia Tong, the accidental Silver Fern