GIANTS NETBALL 2021

GIANTS NETBALL 20212020-10-15T07:34:15+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

Great News! Love what I saw of her this season

Team so far…

Kiera Austin
          Jo Harten

Amy Parmenter

Kristiana Manu’a
          Matilda McDonell
          Sam Poolman

Shooter Tamara
          Participant

So basically same team that finished 6th last year!they wanna hope the super shot remains, it’s the only thing that got them close more often than not, uninspiring to say the least

greenasgxld
            Participant

We shouldn’t expect much from a coach that has clear favourites. If they want to win, they need to change that defence end. They’re just not effective at creating turnovers. Without the super shot, they wouldn’t have even finished 6th.

If Giants don’t win the premiership next season, Fitzgerald will be fired. After the whole Bassett debacle, she’s on very thin ice.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by greenasgxld.
              Shooter Tamara
              Participant

Most of this I tend to agree with, I do like the Harten Austin combo Hay combo, the defence end hasn’t really done much damage since Bulley left, they probably need Brandley, and McDonnell is very promising, I actually think Parmenter was a bit quiet last season too, they are a side who can look so good yet so bad at times

Jbss
                Participant

Hopefully in a few years O’Shannassy can be their starting GK. With McDonnell Brandley and maybe Manua can play a bit more WD.

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

Manu’a is a GK, she also made her Diamonds debut there. She has already been pushed out to GD and I think her style of play hasn’t necessarily suited that change. I think the Giants defence needs a change but O’Shannasy, McDonnell, and Manu’a seems like a bit of an unbalanced split. The more we get into this contracting period the more I wish there was an extra team in the competition, so much talent coming through. Wouldn’t mind seeing Andersen picked up somewhere, she is able to play across all three defensive positions.

Jbss
                    Participant

If you reread my post you’ll see that I think the three circle defenders should eventually be O’Shannassy Brandley and McDonnell which given Brandley and McDonnell both play GK and GD plus Brandley can swing into WD, youll find that it is very balanced. If they had a midcourt with JLP Hay and Obrien there’s no reason they can’t also sign Manua to swing through the three defensive positions. At the end of the day she doesn’t have the height for GK and without the elevation of a Sterling or Temalisi F I dont see how she can play back there. I agree that Anderson deserves a contract.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Whoops, sorry, I misread your post. That would definitely be an ideal split that you’ve outlined. I think Manu’a could do with different coaching to unlock areas of her game that could be improved but despite that, would definitely keep Andersen involved with the team if I was Fitzgerald, especially if squads of 12 continue for 2021

greenasgxld
                        Participant

Price and Hay have re-signed.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Good signing for Giants. Dwyer looks promising and they will probably have Leatherbarrow as a TP. Nice balance in the shooting end

Tully
                              Participant

Exciting signing. Also as expected.

The Giants announcement of Dwyer lists their 2021 team so far as:

Dwyer
                                Harten
                                Austin
                                Parmenter
                                Hay
                                Price
                                Manu’a
                                Poolman
                                McDonnell

So just one to go and would seem maybe they want to see if Brandley will recommit?

Jbss
                                Participant

They’re a bit light on for WAs maybe Obrien? Or even Pitman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top