Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle

Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle2022-05-25T10:03:10+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Helene knows they are cooked if Grace can’t play.

Nate
      Participant

Helene is delusional that Nweke will be good in 2 weeks time. 5 weeks from said injury isnt enough time to heal a torn ligament then actually resume court work.

@Nesian
        100% agree, its like that player who goes yeah i used to play reps, and asked when it was like under 12s ??. Namana would be my pick too over Karaka.

fernsfan
        Participant

Hi all, new here. I thought id put it out there that I’ve seen Karaka play GS/GA for club level netball a few years back so she has played that position higher than school level

mcleod
          Participant

Yes Karaka certainly wasn’t a novice. Maybe 5th shooter for Ferns (if makes the team). 2014 they had 1 fit shooter in 1 game, ended up using 5 foot 4 Leota.

mcleod
              Participant

True, but also need to have a plan B. Because the Mystics were utterly awful against the Stars.
                Earle and Toeava looked totally lost, no idea how to pass to moving shooters.

minkie
                Participant

They’ve never had a plan B
                  We knew this day might happen

Nesian
                  Participant

Hearing rumours of major shooter movement amongst the teams for next year. Will make things very interesting if they are correct.

@fernsfan
                    Hello, welcome to the mad house 🙂

Maryann
                    Participant

Hi @fernsfan

@Nesian
                      – I imagine shooters are wanting to put themselves in the teams that will show their potential to the best in WC year. I think movement is good, for all players, as some seem to stagnate never having moved in their careers.

Kerryn
                      Participant

Pulse V Mystics has been postponed till Friday 5th June

Nate
                        Participant

Okay what combos would we like to see for next year then? Which ones would be logical and which would be fantasy?

I can see someone pairing with Maia cause they need a good GA.

I’d like to see Mes and Eke stay together and be fully fit.

Pulse seems stuck together

Tactix need a change up.

Steel need to not have an international shooter.

Mystics need a plan b lol

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nate.
                          WeWood
                          Participant

Always coming through with the goods @Nesian.

Mystics: I just don’t see that changing.
                            Stars: Agree working with MRB, Crampton and Wilson would be very appealing.
                            Magic: I’d like to see Mes and Eke stay together too but I wonder if the reality of commuting for Eke might be too much. She’d need to move one of the Pulse girls on, though?
                            Pulse: I don’t see either Dunn or Metuarau going anywhere but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Walmsley look for more court time.
                            Tactix: Stale and need a change.
                            Steel: Perhaps a GS opening if Fisher moves on. Want to see Tui continue to grow her GA game. Don’t think much of Heffernan’s shooting but is a good mover. Maybe a WA swing?

TB
                            Participant

I’d like to see –

Steel: TPSR/Tui
                              Tactix: Bird and one of the bench shooters from either Mystics (Vui) or Stars (Malasala ?)
                              Mystics: Stay as is
                              Magic: Stay as is
                              Pulse: Stay as is
                              Stars: Stay as is, maybe? Or Hume to Tactix?

TB
                              Participant

I think any team in this league, if they lost their starting shooter, would struggle to get any wins. There’s probably a few SSN teams that would be the same too.

Maryann
                                Participant

Mystics – Grace to move. She talks about wanting to grow her game, not be a one trick pony, move more. If she stays at the Mystics the plan will be that she be the holding shooter for sure as it works for them. Steel would work, or the Pulse with Aliyah returning down South to the Steel. It’s unlikely Fisher will remain, I can see her heading to SSN assuming they want her.
                                  Teams that need to sort out their GS – Magic. While Eke is doing well at Magic she really needs to move to the region to show her full form (family in Wellington and constant commuting is not great for consistent high performance).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top