Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle

Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle2022-05-25T10:03:10+10:00

Forums New Zealand Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant

SSN need to get more Australia shooters, if Fisher gets in a tiz with Jury, what she going to be like with Bruce and co. I think Dunn needs to try a new team, I can see Grace moving. ANZ will be early again next year, so wonder when teams will be sorted.

schmeetle
    Participant

With all the new, young shooters being able to show their skills this year in the SSN I doubt whether any SSN team would want Fisher.
    If Sam Wallace returns to Swifts, Sophie Fawns is available.
    Lucy Austin has shown she is ready for a contract.
    Reilly Batcheldor and Mia Stower shouldn’t be bumped for an international.
    May be if Fever win the SSN, Fowler may head home (but may not, if you get paid as much as I imagine she is why not keep playing?).
    Wallam will only get better with a full pre-season behind her (where ever she may land).

Maryann
    Participant

@McLeod, I share your thoughts regarding Fisher and nearly put them down in my comment above.
    I wonder if Mystics coach will be sorted before recruitment begins. I also wonder if Sulu will bring her retirement forward or if she will play one season under a new coach.

minkie
    Participant

Whose the Silver Ferns legend slamming Mystics for over reliance if Grace Nweke? (NZ Herald online but you have to subscribe). Thanks.

blondebomb
    Participant

@TB not sure how much SSN you have watched but just last round Tbirds were without their starting shooter and didn’t miss a beat, Firebirds started the season without their starting shooter and Swifts lost their starting shooter and havent fizzled anywhere near to the extent of Mystics. I agree, just no plan B or no shooter in the ranks they can call on to fill in.

Nesian
    Participant

@minkie Yvonne Willering

I should have mentioned it was GS’s I was referring to. I was just really surprised to hear their names brought up as I thought they could have been one franchise players but I guess not. It might not happen because of money and players may stay where they are but it should be an interesting couple of weeks.

Maryann
    Participant

@Nesian
    Correct me if I am wrong but Bird and Nweke are the only one franchise GS.
    Dunn did play for Steel but not certain if she was just a TP who gained court time. She’s been at Pulse for 5 years. She wanted to stay down south but wasn’t offered a contract so accepted the Pulse one and then I gather the Steel wanted her but turned them down.
    Wilson was initially Pulse.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Maryann.
    Nate
    Participant

I find if Fisher doesnt make roses this years CWG she will head home and try to get in that way with their full time contracts, i see that she wont make it anyways as she would not be top 4 English shooters imo. Also agreed she wouldnt make an impact at SSN cause shes a post shooter.

Doubt Nweke wpuld move from Mystics because of her family? She comes across as a very young 20 year old if that makes sense, and requires that fulltime support.

Agreed Eke needs to move to Waikato, how many times have we seen commuting players just not hit their numbers? I find she goes missing more at GS too which is weird.

If its only GS then that narrows it down @nesian

Maia says she loves representing the Northern Community, nweke i mentioned before why, Bird dont see moving, and that leaves Dunn, not sure where too but she could to try and freshen up a bit and has said previously shed like to play a bit more GA?

@Nesian
    no hints for these curious minds?

Nesian
    Participant

@Maryann True, I stand corrected. I forgot about Dunn and Maia having played with other clubs before.

@Nate
    , at this stage it’s just talk to be fair. I was just surprised at the names mentioned so no hints :-)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Nesian.
    Maryann
    Participant

@Nate – Nweke doesn’t live at home. She’s in a flat.

minkie
    Participant

K re Yvonne thanks
    Only just gotten use to the player changes this year without more changes next year.
    Mind you this has been a crazy playing year.
    Hoping Meels does move up to the Waikato commuting and with young kids would be hard.

blondebomb
    Participant

Whats happened to Jen O’Connell?

Maryann
    Participant

@blondebomb – She’s a teacher, she coaches netball (school) and I think she is playing some basketball. She didn’t come back to ANZ after her ACL injury but I have no idea why.

Nesian
    Participant

@blondebomb Yes, as Maryann said, Jen is playing some basketball and playing very well too I might add. I’m hoping she makes the Southern Hoiho team as she really has some skills.

Netballfan1
    Participant

Faulkner has been one of the most disappointing performers this season in my opinion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Grace Nweke in race against time to fix ankle