Guest Post: Netball Queensland – Engage, Empower and Educate

Guest Post: Netball Queensland – Engage, Empower and Educate2021-06-10T20:31:26+10:00

Forums Community Guest Post: Netball Queensland – Engage, Empower and Educate

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

By Guest Contributor: Queensland Firebird, Rudi Ellis

Netball Queensland’s Diamond Spirit Program is a holistic community engagement program that uses netball as a vehicle to engage, empower, and educate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls in remote and regional communities across Queensland.

Queensland Firebird and proud Indigenous woman, Jemma Mimi, is an ambassador and community leader for the program. Her role is aimed at creating a culturally safe environment for Indigenous youth. Since 2017, more than 2,500 students have had the opportunity to participate in the Diamond Spirit Program and grow their cultural journey.

“I absolutely love being a part of the program. It has helped me to grow and own my cultural journey as well as facilitate a safe place for discussions about our rich culture and what they might be learning about at school”, Jemma said.

“I try to get out to the schools as much as possible, just to interact with the kids, do a bit of mentoring and try to be a role model for them.”

Read more… https://netballscoop.com/guest-post-netball-queensland-engage-empower-and-educate/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Community Guest Post: Netball Queensland – Engage, Empower and Educate