Hancock Prospecting announces it is pulling funding from Netball Australia

Hancock Prospecting announces it is pulling funding from Netball Australia2022-10-22T12:25:12+10:00

Forums Australia Hancock Prospecting announces it is pulling funding from Netball Australia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Ian Harkin

That money really could have helped NA out enormously.

TB
    Participant

Ouch!!

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

This is quite huge aye?
    I’m assuming this affects West Coast Fever pretty badly too.

Jase
    Participant

What a mess :cry:
    Netball Australia, Players Association and others could have all handled this so much better.
    Really disappointing for Fever losing their Roy Hill sponsorship given they had given the strongest possible response that they supported the sponsorship. Can understand though Hancock pulling both even though bitterly disappointing.
    Hopefully Diamonds and Fever can find an alternative sponsor but not overly confident (especially for Diamonds)

Jase
    Participant

I am hopeful, perhaps naively, that the environment in W.A. (much more accepting of contibution of resource industry) and the fact Fever never raised concerns about industry will mean other sponsors won’t be as deterred.

Nate
    Participant

I would’ve done the same. Take ya millions to other sport that will appreciate it, let alone a sport thats in such a huge financial crisis. Agreed i dont see NA getting anything as lucrative or anything at all from a sponsor any time soon.

blondebomb
    Participant

Surely some heads will have to roll over this. Notice how they said the players had no issue wearing the dress, sounds more like NA and the players couldn’t agree. Publicity for our sport for all the wrong reasons. Embarrassing

mcleod
    Participant

What a shambles.

Nate
    Participant

Wonder if the Players Association was asking for more money? Definitely aint more money for them to ask for really.

Ian Harkin

Statement from NA…

Maryann
    Participant

Was West Coast Fever a seperate sponsorship from the same group then?

Nate
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Hancock Prospecting announces it is pulling funding from Netball Australia