LEEDS RHINOS NETBALL 2021

LEEDS RHINOS NETBALL 20212020-09-17T22:00:47+10:00

Forums United Kingdom LEEDS RHINOS NETBALL 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great question! As a long-time netball fan, I asked the same question earlier but no one has responded as of yet. I would be interested to know if being a full-time athlete is actual disadvantageous in this case as it would restrict the ability of players to further their non-netball careers outside of training as they would be full-time athletes. Of course to be disadvantageous, I am assuming the Rhinos’ salary cap is the same as all other clubs so the players would be on relatively similar salaries but full-time employees, that is the part I can’t seem to understand.

Fluffy
    Participant

If they are able to offer a full time programme it means that the players don’t have to have second (or even third) jobs to be able to survive, and will offer the full range of off court support as well. For so long, players who aren’t at uni have had to do a full time job and then train and do s&c and their sponsor commitments – if they’re in full time training and playing mode, the Rhinos girls would hopefully be 100% focused. It may be that they also then run coaching clinics for schools and clubs as part of their “employment” – a great way to get the club known in the wider community as well.

Otherwise the players have to juggle training, playing and travel with full time employment / uni studies – which can be a huge imposition in terms of time and taking personal holidays to play.

Ian Harkin

Maryann
    Participant

oh wow!!

Ian Harkin

NB12
    Participant

I reckon Wallam has a good shot at making the Diamonds before she turns 30. A late bloomer but would be a handy pick up for a WC if the past couple of years have been anything to go by.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

LEEDS RHINOS NETBALL 2021:

Madi Browne
    Jade Clarke
    Britt Coleman
    Rhea Dixon
    Brie Grierson
    Amelia Hall
    Rosie Harris
    Emily Hollingworth
    Paige Kindred
    Michelle Magee
    Vicki Oyesola
    Sienna Rushton
    Fi Toner
    Donnell Wallam

Coach: Dan Ryan

Ian Harkin

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums United Kingdom LEEDS RHINOS NETBALL 2021