Liz Ellis – Ryan’s baptism of fire as Netball Australia’s new CEO

Liz Ellis – Ryan’s baptism of fire as Netball Australia’s new CEO2021-07-09T20:44:41+10:00
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      Maryann
      Participant

OMG – I thought ‘Dan Ryan’

mcleod
        Participant

I also see that she loves the 2 point shot. So I’d say that Australia is stuck with that rubbish for a while longer.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️ @mcleod

mcleod
            Participant

If they keep that 2 point thing, then surely it needs to be further from the post.
              It’s embarrassing that a shot that close is worth extra.

Yes it is. Is interesting however that I’ve noticed in NZ with no Maria and this year no Ameliaranne either, the number of shots from that range has really dried up. With that ridiculous short pass rule now, you’re seeing the GA in a good scoring position, but they’re basically handing it to the GS to make absolutely certain. It’s very annoying.

mcleod
                Participant

Yes agree, not sure who or what or why they changed the short pass rule.

al_ex
                  Participant

Half of my issue with the super shot is just the distance as everyone here has mentioned. If it was the same size as the Fast 5 supershot you definitely wouldn’t be seeing teams like Giants putting up 16 super shots a game. As we saw in the Lightning/Collingwood game, the super shot is more exciting when there are fewer attempts.

The one good thing about the new short pass rule is that it’s more objective. The old rule was often very poorly applied.

Jbss
                    Participant

I agree re:short pass rule Alex, it would be nice if it required a bit more distance but it did need to be black and white.

As for the SS, of course she likes it? honestly I hope we get some international netball this year just so I can watch the Aussie girls playing without the SS.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Agree, if they’re going to continue to insist that the SuperShot stays, they need to narrow the width, it’s way too easy right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top