MAINLAND TACTIX 2022

MAINLAND TACTIX 20222021-08-20T08:25:13+10:00

Forums New Zealand MAINLAND TACTIX 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
    Jinxibo
    Participant

Jane Watson replacement ???

Recall for Fenwick or call up for one of the training partners???

Maryann
    Participant

The two training partners are both attackers. Maybe one of the three apprentice defenders they have named? I don’t know the names at all so no idea if there is any possibility they could make the leap – which has grown a lot wider – straight to ANZ.

Parris Mason? Signed up as a training partner for Pulse.

WeWood
    Participant

Looking at that team list, I feel like they’re well covered defensively.

No one will replace Watson, but would think Lloyd and Nawai-Caucau are serviceable at the back – NC had a full season on court with the Pulse last year remember.

Then Burger at GD, Elley the starting WD with the ability to have Nathan pop back there if needed.

I would think one of those attacking training partners might be elevated to the main squad to offer something fresh in the shooting end/mid court. Glen’s inclusion in the main squad is a real head scratcher for me.

Thoughts?

Ian Harkin

When the original team was named, it looked defence-heavy, so of all the teams, it’s probably the best one to handle a loss like this. Will still be huge though.

TB
    Participant

NC/Burger would be a really good combination. Would like to see that develop. As someone mentioned on here, NC played a full season this year. She would be able to build on that, gaining more experience.

Ian Harkin
    WeWood
    Participant

Great to see the next generation of leaders taking the reigns of their ANZP teams – Poi, Jury and Metuarau at the Pulse.

Imagine the rest of the sides will remain unchanged from 2021 – Fitzpatrick, Crampton, Sinclair and Saunders.

TB
    Participant

Did anyone get a chance to see any of their preseason scratch matches against Pulse?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand MAINLAND TACTIX 2022