MELBOURNE VIXENS 2020

MELBOURNE VIXENS 20202020-03-07T20:57:01+10:00

Forums Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I agree Tully, Dehaney is a bit surplus to requirements. Smith was great today and showed that she deserves a contract. But if there are only 10 contracted players next year and they still want to contract Philip, I really think they need to go after a 4th shooter. Dwyer would be a great option and could help them build moving forward. Smith is probably more ready for a contract but the Vixens just don’t need the defensive reinforcements as much as they need them in the circle. I also don’t think Smith will realistically move to another club, whereas Dwyer or another strong interstate GA would need to be lured.

Tully
    Participant

As much as I suspect they’ll return to teams of 10 I really hope they keep squads of 12 on game day. Can keep it as 10 contracted players plus two TPs. Just so good for the development of our young players.

Vixens might just take a punt on Samason. But I feel she really needs a VNL and ANL season under her belt first for her ACL come back.

Ian Harkin

All they need to do is have a squad of 10 plus 5 training partners and choose 2 training partners each week to join the 10 in a match day squad of 12.

Ian Harkin

JR
    Participant

Fabulous article, loved all the accolades as team mate and friend for Tegan.

Un-resign from Internationals Caity….with Bueta out pregnant and Wood seemingly injured, play in GA in front of Bassett and/or Koenen in GS!!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I seriously hope Stacey is calling her up to see if she would consider returning

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Tully
    Participant

Yep I agree Ian re the 10 players + 2 TP per game. Makes perfect sense. It’s just weather the budget is there Insuppose. Hopefully something Marinkovich as Diamonds coach, the clubs, the Players Association and NA push for.

If Vixens want to win this year then I think they need to find a way to beat Magpies on the weekend with Philip and either Honey / McDonell on court.

Thwaites has earned a rest and they need to keep Phillip in touch. Watson has also earned a rest. Honey looked very nervous when she first came on against Swifts. She had just found her game (drives and feeding) and she was off again. I liked McDonnell in her very small game time so wouldn’t mind seeing her in C for a quarter alongside Watson.

And of course Allie Smith has earned another touch or two. So should be given that across the next 3 games.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Agree Tully, better to test these combinations now rather than later and it also allows a rest for Thwaites and Watson

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Tully
    Participant

Good call to rest Watson. I wasn’t sure they would after she played on on one leg in the last match.

Assume Honey will get the start at WA.

I wonder if Sacha McDonald will get a chance in the 12 as she can also play WA.

Surely they won’t keep newton in the 12 as that would be 6 defenders!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Tully.
    Ian Harkin
    al_ex
    Participant

Definitely the right decision to rest Watson. I’d also try and give Kumwenda/Philip a whole game, Caity Thwaites needs a rest too. Definitely wouldn’t be in a rush to bring back Mannix either, Collingwood’s attack end hasn’t been clinical enough to really bother the Vixens I think.

I feel like a lot of the commentators and journalists are putting so much pressure on the Vixens what with these declarations that they’re the real deal now. It was bound to come but let’s at least see how they play in the Major SF.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2020