MELBOURNE VIXENS 2021

MELBOURNE VIXENS 20212020-10-20T11:08:01+10:00

Forums Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author

Only two players officially signed on so far (Kate Moloney & Emily Mannix), but I’m sure most of the big names will just be a mere formality, with someone needed to replace the two retiring shooters.

Ian Harkin

Tully
    Participant

Great news. But let’s be honest this was always going to happen.

Tully
    Participant

The article also lists Moloney, Mannix, Dehaney and Kumwenda as contracted.

Don’t see why they keep signing Dehaney. She is a good player but rather surplus to requirements.

Z1989
    Participant

The article also confirmed that Kumwenda and Dehaney are also contracted for 2021.

Ian Harkin

Dehaney is one of those imports who is a decent player but they really could be replaced by a local talent.

Jbss
    Participant

If they had Eddy fill Dehaneys spot then they could sign Smith as a WD. As it stands I think they are now to defensively heavy to sign her on which is a shame. Unless one of the GAs they sign is a GA/WA.

Waylay
    Participant

I also don’t understand why Dehaney doesn’t move clubs. Going into her 5th year as a bench player when I reckon she would get way more court time at Lightning, Giants or Firebirds.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Waylay.
    Tully
    Participant

Jbss Sacha McDonald is a GA / WA so could be quite valuable. Sacha could back up Liz in WA.

Smith is ready and deserving of a contract. At underage Smith was always a GD and became a WD over the last two years. Vixens have been training her at C now with the view of her being a WD / C long term. Depending on how that transition is going would help team balance. Smith got rookie of the year at the Vixens awards night over McDonald so shows possibly how Vixens tank them.

As I said for Giants and Swifts the confirmation of 12 for game day would be very beneficial. They could hold Elle McDonald as a TP and add her for game day.

I get the feeling that Smith, S McDonald and Glasgow will complete the team (with Eddy). Then they will have 2 or 3 midcourters and 2 shooters as TPs and maybe only Newton as a defensive TP.

Ian Harkin

can’t believe it…

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hmmm not excited by Stanton’s signing but I’m quite interested in Barkmeyer’s promotion from the Vixens squad. I think I was hoping Vixens would look to attract Allen or Hodges but I guess Stanton gives them something a little different to other options. Also interesting to see Samason will be at ANL (or the new competition) for another year but it’s probably not a bad idea since she is returning from injury. Unfortunately, she may have missed the boat for signing with the Vixens in the near future, may need to look elsewhere.

Tully
    Participant

I think Samason will get an opportunity at
    Vixens. She hasn’t been able to play post her ACL due to covid so a year as a TP is not a bad thing for her along with a full VNL season. How many more seasons will MJ play? Samason is a lot stronger her at GS than GA.

It’s where it leaves Sacha McDonald that I’m curious about. With Barkmeyer getting a contract ahead of her and Samason and Palavi coming back / through (both were Vixens academy this year) what does McDonald do? Does she look to play more at WA?

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia MELBOURNE VIXENS 2021