MELBOURNE VIXENS 2021

MELBOURNE VIXENS 20212020-10-20T11:08:01+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Totally agree. Hoping for Pitman, fully expecting a training partner.

amyrmy
      Participant

Still waiting.. and still holding out hope for Pitman because she will be awesome and would love to see her absolutely star to show Thunderbirds that they made the wrong choice. Anyone know if she has played for Garville yet in SA?

thunder123
        Participant

Premier league season in Adelaide starts this coming Friday.
          She played preseason for Garville

Netballcrazy25
            Participant

I’ve been holding out a bit of hope, but one week out from the season start and Chels seems to be in Perkina, SA per her socials. It’s not looking at all likely she is the injury replacement ?
              Glad she seems to be enjoying life, but selfishly would have loved to see her in ssn this year.

amyrmy
              Participant

Agree. I just saw her insta stories and decided 99% sure she isn’t going to Vixens. Since elevating Gabby too it really seems like they are taking someone already in the club/training with them.

James
                Participant

Hannah Mundy announced as replacement for Watson for Round 1.
                  Are they testing players for first few rounds before they name a permanent replacement?
                  Or needing more time to negotiate with Pitman who has been visiting family in Sydney

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

I hope it’s because they need more time to negotiate but the fact that Pitman was posting about Garville’s opening matches on her social media yesterday makes me think otherwise… probably more to work out who they want to elevate.

“We have developing talent through our midcourt and wanted to promote from within to continue to build that depth and allow us to continue to work with our extended squad.
                      This also just makes me think McKinnis wants to use this opportunity to develop talent.

But wow I’d love to see Pitman combining with the Vixens line up, would be so good to watch

Netballcrazy25
                      Participant

Based on the wording of their press release, our wish for Pitman has not come true ?
                        I hope they prove me wrong, but it looks like a development year for the Vixens as I don’t think they will realistically challenge for top-4 with this attacking line up.
                        I hope they have a strategy for retaining the midcourt talent and depth they’re building once Liz comes back into the fold, otherwise this year will be in vein..
                        However, in Simone we trust.

TB
                          Participant

Netballcrazy1 and 25 are yous different people?

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

I was momentarily confused myself, but yes we’re different users

Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

I will add, I think retaining the mid court will be difficult for Vixens next season with so many players so while developing a mid putter is great for the talent pool coming through, I’m surprised that from their point of view, they didn’t go for a proven WA to keep their title hopes at least somewhat alive for this season.

Tully
                                Participant

Vixens will be stoked if the young midcourter they bring through is good enough to attract interstate offers. That will mean they are in finals. There are a lot of young midcourters out there that would be rated higher (or in some cases equal) Williams, Orr, Miller, Leesa Mi Mi, Gardner. Jovic may get less court time this year at Collingwood and look to move. Fraser has been very patient at Swifts playing behind a stacked midcourt knowing she is young and her time will come. Mundy could do the same. Let’s not forget Shelley O’Donnell bleeds navy. It was O’Donnell that met with Corletto way back in the day to convince her to reneg on her proposed TBirds move at the start of ANZC and stay the course with Vixens (having previously switched from Phoenix to O’Donnell’s Kestrels). Elle McDonald moved this year yes but she is 27 this year and not a typical product of the NV pathway like Mundy or Honey.

If Mundy comes through they drop Dehaney and retain Mundy to rebalance the 10. Liz is 27. Moloney and 28.

After their last title they went through a rebuilding phase. Weston and Mannix came in (yes Weston was in the premiership team but on the bench) whilst Watson and Moloney stepped up from being the younguns to the leaders. ATN, Ryde and Chloe Watson left for various reasons. But they retained those that became Diamonds and the core of their 2020 premiership (on a different note I fully expect them to make a play to get ATN back home in 2022). McKinnis has rebuilt the Vixens before by developing and retaining Victorian talent. I’ll back her to do that again.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top