Netballer given warning over breaching lockdown

Netballer given warning over breaching lockdown2021-08-30T16:54:24+10:00

Forums New Zealand Netballer given warning over breaching lockdown

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mcleod
    Participant

Silver Ferns career, prob now over before it begun.
    Very, very lucky to not get suspended. Fool.

minkie
    Participant

Instant dismissal in my work place

mcleod
    Participant

I’d say more will come of this. Police have been informed. Look at the 5 Jockeys who get a 3 month ban, and the Dragons NRL players banned, fined. Mila has got of very lightly,

Maryann
    Participant

and so it should be here too Minkie. There is absolutely no excuse for this sort of behaviour. She can thank her lucky stars that she wasn’t up here in Auckland because all of us up here are pretty much over lockdowns and immature behaviour.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Maryann.
    minkie
    Participant

Pretty sad aye
    We’re all sick of lockdowns, I’d love to be there for my pregnant daughterinlaw whose crook as a dog (40 mins away). Or get excited and have a look at my sons new house that’s in lock down stage (3 hrs away). BUT we bluddy can’t. Lots of things we’d all love to be doing but can’t, simple as. It’s a honour to be in the development squad for any sport, obviously these two think they’re above it all.

WeWood
    Participant

Twits.

Maryann
    Participant

Apparently they have received fines for the breach. Now a Wellington Nurse who was at the party has been investigated. Clearly people still think they are above the law. Sorry for my actions – sorry that you were caught perhaps?

2legit2quit
    Participant

Sounds like the party was huge! It included Mila, her partner, and two others, one of whom was a nurse. Must’ve been a raging party. They all deserve to lose their jobs! Mila and her partner should never be allowed to play their respective sports again and that nurse friend of theirs should lose her nursing registration! Who cares that they are only young and like most young people, will make mistakes!! They should be made to pay for the rest of their lives! Being publicly shamed and receiving a written warning is not enough!

Nesian
    Participant

One can only assume you are joking @2legit2quit.

Let’s be real. The sporting elite are always treated differently to the regular person. I mean how many indiscretions have we seen by All Blacks that have had no effect on their careers? Quite a few.

A silly decision by all involved, they were appropriately punished and now it’s time to put it where it belongs, in the past. Hopefully we see both players in black one day.

2legit2quit
    Participant

Yes I was joking Nesian. Obviously Netball NZ has assessed the situation and no doubt taken into account Mila’s character and work ethic, and drawn the conclusion that while it was wrong, it certainly didn’t warrant her losing her entire career over. Good on them for being an understanding and fair employer unlike the workplace poor Minkie works for.

minkie
    Participant

Aged Care and Disability
    Putting too many lives at risk I guess
    Plus I live in pssstttt ‘Victoria’
    It’s drummed into us daily, our responsibilities, work ethics etc etc.
    To breach that? Well yeah, there’s a price.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Netballer given warning over breaching lockdown