CENTRAL PULSE 2021

CENTRAL PULSE 20212020-09-15T06:39:42+10:00

Forums New Zealand CENTRAL PULSE 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I wonder if the Pulse wished they took ALM now. It’s all right having Amaru-Tibble when she was never going to really come on, but it’s a different ask now. Souness was very impressive in pre-season though, I was quite shocked how dominant she was really.

Baller
    Participant

Is this still speculative guessing? Or does someone have a reliable source?

Jinxibo
    Participant

@baller, sorry I’m just speculating about Eke being with child, I have no inside info. For all I know she could be taking a break or injured.

@wewood,IMO Eke is probably the one player that Pulse would not want to lose right now. I agree with you if Eke is the issue and Gail had a crystal ball, there is no way she would have let Tiana move to Steel. I bet she regretting the Temu move too

Ian Harkin

ANZ Premiership put out a 3 minute preview video for Pulse and no sign or mention of Ekenasio!

moley02
    Participant

Last update was she was taking a break due to mental health reasons. I hope she doesn’t read sites like this as I’m sure the extra pressure she will feel after reading some of these comments won’t help with that. If she is expecting it’s her business only and those who she wants to know, anyone who has any insider info shouldn’t even be putting anything out their which will cause people to speculate.

mcleod
    Participant

Neisan has not said anything about any player.
    All that was said is that the Pulses chances of winning got a lot harder.
    Could be any player, or something else.
    People can say whatever they want speculating what is going on.
    Netball is high profile in New Zealand.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@moley02, have you been looking at the pure as series?? I’m pretty sure Eke makes a reference to NS it in her episode.

Anyway

@Mcleod, is right we are just speculating and in a very professional manner :yes: :yes: , this is not FB.

If Eke, or any other player wants to take a break for health reasons, pregnancy, mental or travel, great. As you say it is their choice/decision. No one is having a go at them, certainly not on NS.

AllieC
    Participant

Jinxibo you made a statement that said “Eke is expecting” which I know you say now is speculation but it read as fact & some people would have read it and believe it to be true. I certainly saw some comments made on Twitter that seemed to come from this thread thinking it was.

Honestly, this can be incredibly damaging to women concerned when people speculate about pregnancy. I know it wasn’t meant to be hurtful but imagine if she has suffered a pregnancy loss and read something like this. We need to leave talking about pregnancy alone unless it is public.

greenasgxld
    Participant

AllieC I agree with you, she could just be burnt out and is taking it easy for her mental health.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@AllieC, I hear you but I did say Easy before I made that statement. Next time I will add a tongue in cheek emoji 😜.

I’ve never said or implied that I had any inside info. I honestly believe that if people are thinking that then they will jump on any suggestion that confirms what they want. Perhaps i should have said, Easy Kersten has broken her leg ;-)

Does this mean we’re not suppose to speculate about injuries also? How many times has it been said on here, when someone goes down that’s an ACL.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Jinxibo.
    AllieC
    Participant

I think pregnancy is a whole different thing to a knee injury. It involves so much more than a physical injury. Yes it can be an amazing time if you are pregnant but can also be fraught with worry and heartbreak. It is also very personal and if you’ve read any of the stories by Liz Ellis, Nat Medhurst, Chelsea Pitman and others it can be an utterly devastating time and I think it should be left alone.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Actually, having a bad injury can be just as devastating depending on the person. Especially if it’s career ending.

Ian Harkin

Okay, it’s been confirmed that she will miss at least the start of the season due to fatigue.

While it’s good to get inside info, I think we all just need to be careful of speculating on something we don’t really know about, even if it’s light-hearted as jinxibo’s was no doubt intended to be.

Baller
    Participant

I hope Ekenasio gets the rest time she requires. If she needs all season then so be it.

Regarding the rest of the Pulse team, there is still plenty of talent to keep the competition interesting! :yes:

Ian Harkin
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand CENTRAL PULSE 2021