New Super Netball broadcast deal close, with hopes it will drive growth

New Super Netball broadcast deal close, with hopes it will drive growth2021-01-02T06:11:04+10:00

Forums Australia New Super Netball broadcast deal close, with hopes it will drive growth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hopefully this ‘record-breaking broadcast deal’ is a as good as it sounds.

mcleod
    Participant

Sounds good but!!!. And who was the 2nd team that breached the salary cap in 2020

Ian Harkin

Thunderbirds.

Ian Harkin

This is a good point…

al_ex
    Participant

I would say that going back to Foxtel is a mistake, but with the way they’ve made the netball live app so much more expensive, a Kayo subscription is barely more exclusionary in terms of cost. Good to see how keen partners are to invest, especially given how trepidatious they’ve been to invest in other sports recently.

minkie
    Participant

Proof in the pudding
    If foxtel have rights again, can bet your bottom dollar you won’t see much netball live games. 2 Sports channels for AFL, 1 channel for NRL. At a push maybe 1 game of netball although all the remaining sports channels are already gobbled up. Hopefully they’ll dedicate one channel to just netball but I’m not hopeful.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Dealing with Foxtel doesn’t seem like a great idea to me. Yes they might give you the money you want but not at the expense of live free to air matches. Let’s be real, we’re trying to grow the fan base. Much of which is very new. You’re not going to get many paying customers signing up to Foxtel just for netball. Hopefully Channel 9 continues to broadcast the 2-3 games out of 4 a week. Would be good

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia New Super Netball broadcast deal close, with hopes it will drive growth