NS EXCLUSIVE: Netball Scoop’s World’s Best Netballer 2019

You are here:--NS EXCLUSIVE: Netball Scoop’s World’s Best Netballer 2019
NS EXCLUSIVE: Netball Scoop’s World’s Best Netballer 20192019-11-21T08:39:27+00:00

Home Forums World NS EXCLUSIVE: Netball Scoop’s World’s Best Netballer 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

By Ian Harkin

The votes are in. It’s time to reveal the results in Netball Scoop’s World’s Best Netballer poll for 2019. Each year, we collect the thoughts of ten judges, who nominate their top five players in the world and rank them from one to five. This year, our voting panel consisted of Erin Delahunty, Liz Ellis, Sue Gaudion, Cara Gledhill, Tamsin Greenway, Rona Hunnisett, Andrew Kennedy, Katrina Nissen, Jenny Sinclair and myself.

Read more… netballscoop.com/ns-exclusive-netball-scoops-worlds-best-netballer-2019/

NettySuperFan
    Participant

ANOTHER absolutely well deserved award for Karla Pretious! I think Sterling deserved to be closer to the second place rather than 4th. There really isn’t anything to complain about this list, although it would’ve been nice to see Klau get a bit of a look in.

Ian Harkin

As I mentioned, it is so hard. You don’t actually realise how many good players there are until you have to vote. As well as Klau, the following players also didn’t get a single vote… Courtney Bruce, Jo Weston, Jane Watson, Gina Crampton, Jo Harten etc etc.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Absolutely, not criticising. With only a handful of voters, it’s naturally going to miss out some great netballers. Overall a great write up, and enjoyable read. Everyone well deserving.

Waylay
    Participant

Honestly what an unbelievable year for Ekenasio. Her ability to bust her guts and go and go and then turn and shoot so accurately was the best in the world this year. Credit to her for putting in the work. Hard to disagree with this 5, although Fowler probably would have been right up there in my list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.