NS EXCLUSIVE: Stacey Francis-Bayman – Pride

NS EXCLUSIVE: Stacey Francis-Bayman – Pride2021-06-04T00:58:17+10:00

Forums Community NS EXCLUSIVE: Stacey Francis-Bayman – Pride

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

By Esther Nelson

Stacey Francis-Bayman has had an amazing netball career to date, having played in the UK (Team Bath and Yorkshire Jets), New Zealand (Tactix) and Australian (West Coast Fever) competitions as well as at an international level (English Roses). She’s the Players Representative and Vice-Chair of the Netball Players Association, while Francis-Bayman has always been open about her sexuality and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ community.

“I don’t have a coming out story. I never felt obligated to define myself in a certain way or in a certain category…. I have very open and honest parents and that helps. There were never really any topics or subjects in my household that were taboo. I was always taught as I was growing up to have complete ownership and confidence in the person I wanted to be.

“I always loved being mixed race when I was younger, being able to dip into both aspects of my heritage whether it was white or black. That was definitely from my parents and just trickled over into my sexuality. I was like, I don’t have to classify myself under one specific heading or title or feel uncomfortable. I liked that point of difference, which for some people can be very uncomfortable, but for me it was certainly something that I have always been encouraged to lead with.”

Read more… https://netballscoop.com/ns-exclusive-stacey-francis-bayman-pride/

Clinton Bradbury

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Community NS EXCLUSIVE: Stacey Francis-Bayman – Pride