NS EXCLUSIVE: The Gift of Karla Pretorius

NS EXCLUSIVE: The Gift of Karla Pretorius2021-04-09T01:29:11+10:00

Forums Australia NS EXCLUSIVE: The Gift of Karla Pretorius

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

By Jenny Sinclair

“Write your own story,” said Karla Pretorius. “No journey repeats itself, so write your own journey, and create your own destiny.”

For an athlete who prefers to lead by example, Karla’s words pack an almighty punch. Her story is one of determination and sacrifice; sharing it is a gift to her countrywomen and men that the struggle is worth it. To make the most of every sliver of opportunity when you are chasing a dream, and that success can be achievable with time and hard work.

Widely regarded as one of the best netballers in the business, Karla was judged the Most Valuable Player at the 2019 Netball World Cup. But her success is not the matter of a heartbeat or an hour; rather the product of over two decades of hard graft.

She said, “Some people might take one year, others might take ten. It’s how long you keep on doing it, and much you want it. I just hope my story can inspire others.”

Read more… https://netballscoop.com/ns-exclusive-the-gift-of-karla-pretorius/

Simon Leonard

JR
    Participant

Great article about a fantastic person who just happens to be a spectacular netballer. I remember the first time I saw her play I was blown away.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia NS EXCLUSIVE: The Gift of Karla Pretorius