*** NS JUDICIARY ***

*** NS JUDICIARY ***2021-05-04T05:10:49+10:00

Forums Community *** NS JUDICIARY ***

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This is the thread for citing unsporting conduct or play, dangerous play or poor/bad umpiring decisions

The individual needs to be named here (cited), please include the game and incident. Those commenting should state what action they would take, within the rules and in a professional manner. B-)

Jinxibo
    Participant

Grace Nweke

Mystics v Tactix

Camera replay showed her pushing Jane Watson out of the way to catch a ball in the last seconds of the game to score the winning goal. Have to admit I didn’t see it in real time, but in the replay it looked like an accident to me so as an umpire I would have let the goal stand and Mystics would still have won by a single goal.

Andrew Kennedy
    Participant

Round 1 Stars v Pulse, Maia Wilson deliberate put a finger in the eye of opposing new GK Mason late in the game, as they were supposed to be sending the ball back for centre pass.

Apparently “Wilson apologised to Pulse and Mason, and it’s all okay”. But really, this is where a judiciary would ban her for a match.

museboy
    Participant

I think any judiciary should be reserved for dangerous play. So the Wilson incident, yes, but the Nweke push off, no, as this happens dozens of times per game.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@museboy, was it just a push off?

Others have said it was an elbow to the throat. I accept your point about only citing dangerous play. I’m curious to see how the incident was viewed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Community *** NS JUDICIARY ***