NSW SWIFTS 2021

NSW SWIFTS 20212020-10-15T07:52:54+10:00

Forums Australia NSW SWIFTS 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Happy they have kept the spine of the team. I think we may see Shimmin, Fraser and Moore sign on. I wanted to see more of Nat H at GA especially with Housby at GS but didn’t happen. I just don’t think we need Nat anymore unless Garbin goes elsewhere and use her as GA/WA cover

Joyjamie
      Participant

My guess the next announcements will be Haythornwaite and Garbin. For me it will either be Shimmin or Moore not both. Still need WD not sure who it will be

James
        Participant

I actually really liked Moore at WD/GD this season. If they had Turner and Moore swing between WD/GD like Eddy and Weston did in the earlier rounds it would work with Shimmin to come on to give a change up if needed at GK or GD

James
          Participant

Also Akle liked to play Klau at GD but Moore wasn’t strong enough at GK, With Shimmin there she could be GK with Klau at GD. I think that would be awesome against teams like Fever and Firebirds

Ian Harkin

Tully
              Participant

Good for Swifts. Good for Haythornthwaite and Garbin. But a shame for Fraser. I wonder if she would consider moving?

I would be very very surprised if Moore isn’t retained. Played well this year.

Tully
                Participant

McCullouch’s prediction regarding Swifts mainly keeping the status quo is proving correct.

Have to say I agree with her. They weren’t far off this year. Certainly pushed Fever a lot more than Lightning in the finals.

If Turner is fit next year they will be right back up there.

Joyjamie
                  Participant

Must admit was not sure about Haythornwaite, thought she might be tempted to sign for her hometown club Leeds Rhinos but if you look at what is happening in the Uk no netball last season and no fans attending Sports matches why would she turn down the Swifts. Will there be surprises for the final two? Not sure about Craig

schmeetle
                    Participant

Honestly, is Garbin serious about her netball career and playing for the Diamonds? Another year of mostly bench sitting coming up. OK, there may not be many openings elsewhere for her, and as much as almost everyone on here was saying she should go to the Vixens (which I agree with) may be the Vixens have home-grown talent they wish to bring into the fold.

And Nat? Pffft. She added nothing for the Swifts this year and in crunch moments, turnover city.

Pretty disappointing announcement, for both the individuals involved and the team.

Zara Collings
                      Participant

I think that’s a little harsh. At the beginning of the season when Maddy P was a bit off the mark, Nat added composure and accuracy to the attack. Yes, that form faded as the season went on, but you can’t say she added nothing.

al_ex
                        Participant

I’m really happy to see this continuity and loyalty as a Swifts fan, but I’m also really disappointed for Fraser. The idea that she might not even be there on Game Days and will have to play ANL again is so disappointing. I hope she looks for opportunities elsewhere but she seems to love the club and the girls so she might stick around.

Except for Vixens, there wasn’t really anywhere for Garbin to go. The Swifts is probably the best club to be a bench player at considering their rotation, and Akle clearly rates Garbin because she gets a lot more court time than other bench players. Hopefully she finds her consistency and can be the starting GS in 2022.

Moore and Shimmin would be great signings in my opinion. It would be crazy if the Swifts got even more South Australian players over!

Joyjamie
                          Participant

Who are the final two? Will those bring surprises to the defence. Think Moore should be there but what about Craig, is there anyone better. Would it be strange to have the same team and not make any changes.

nanator
                            Participant

Moore and Fraser signed on for next year! Both deserving of a contract.
                              Guessing we’ll be seeing Hadley and Moore at WD?

Joyjamie
                              Participant

feel sorry for Craig because WD is her position and she played there quite a few games. means at Centre and Wing attack it will be two from four of them. Could be a lot of rotation.

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia NSW SWIFTS 2021

Go to Top