NSW SWIFTS 2021

NSW SWIFTS 20212020-10-15T07:52:54+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wow this is even better! I thought she was great for Mystics, I think she’ll definitely be in a 12 and may even find her way into a 10. Another SA player as well, hopefully she’ll stick around.

Tully
      Participant

Swift’s TPs definitely a lot stronger next year!

Great move for O’Shannessy. Giants are stacked with defenders. More opportunities at Swifts. A couple of years ago I would have said she was the best young talk defender in Australia. Due to circumstances that is probably now Ellis but I’ve no doubt O’Shannessy will come back when given the chance.

Burgess is a great pickup. Just what they need.

al_ex
              Participant

Amazing news for the Swifts. It was the logical next step for Bulley who did an amazing job with North Shore United in the Premier League. I always thought we’d see her at Giants but personally I think this is a better move for her. It’s going to be great for some of the emerging defenders like Moore, Turner, O’Shannassy and Burgess to have her in the camp. 2021 is looking great for the Swifts!

Jbss
                Participant

Wow love the balance in the Swifts squad and staff this year and how lucky for the development players that Anita Keelan will now be involved with.

al_ex
                      Participant

I kind of agree with the Swifts on this one from the financial perspective, but considering it affected many teams I don’t think it’s going to create any real unfairness. The Firebirds had 4 players go over and Simpson and Jenner were the only ones ever listed in the 12 (where Jenner never even played). Anstiss also never got a call up. The Swifts really shouldn’t have organised a preseason match when 2 of their imports weren’t going to be available and 4 of their best players were away with the Diamonds.

museboy
                        Participant

Absolutely gobsmacked the Swifts released that to the public! Didn’t Briony also go for the Diamonds gig? Very weird to have a league coach criticise the national coach so directly like that.

And no I don’t believe for a second the Swifts should feel aggrieved. Surely it would do wonders for their players to be involved with the national programme as much as possible.

But this, with the grumbling about the “rotating” leadership that wasn’t, all doesn’t seem to well in the Diamonds camp I’m sorry to say.

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

I am not optimistic about the new Diamonds leadership. It’s pretty obvious the whole rotating captain thing was a scam, putting Watson and Bassett in awkward positions, SM pretty much refused to trial various combinations even though the purpose of the tournament should have been to experiment a little, and when domestic clubs and coaches start complaining about things, you know there are problems. I hate to say it but if this CC was an indication of how the national team is going to be run and coached for the next few years, I am not optimistic about the team’s ability to win CWG/WC and stay in Number 1.

Tully
                            Participant

Oh please Swift’s chose to play in Tassie then. They could have changed it. Your schedule, you pay.

Everyone assumed court time would be shared. Well I for one am glad Marinkovich didn’t go out giving caps to everyone. Earn selection. Marinkovich didn’t play one of her own players in Anstiss as well remember. Marinkovich has missed pre season with Fever. Vixens, Firebirds, Giants, Fever, Lightning and Swifts have all been impacted. Anstiss is in Darwin for 14 days presumably with the other Fever players whereas Swifts’ players are back with their team.

The reason 18 athletes went may well have been largely covid driven (bonus being team / squad bonding). They couldn’t just fly an extra player over in the event of an injury. The players needed to be there.

Yeah, NNSW sounds like the bossy parents, upset at the coach for not playing their two daughters Maddy and Paige.

They didn’t have to agree to play those 2 games in Tassie. :unsure:

al_ex
                                Participant

Yeah they probably should have just pulled out of the series when Constellation Cup got pushed back and it became apparent that the British girls wouldn’t have been able to take part. I think some of the costs would have been sunk at that point though, which is probably why they decided to persevere with academy players.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top