NSW SWIFTS 2022

NSW SWIFTS 20222021-09-24T21:29:24+10:00

Forums Australia NSW SWIFTS 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
      Joyjamie
      Participant

Is this a Swifts side that can go all the way. Have kept the majority of the team. Allie Smith is a good signing and will be starting WD, Don’t know much about O Shannassy and Singleton to make a judgement, good to see Local talent being given a chance. Will be watching to see what this team can do

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

al_ex
            Participant

Not as strong as last year’s bunch, but definitely some good young players in the group. It’ll be interesting to see how Little and Mann go, they’ve been strong at state league level. The Giants still seem to be able to lock in better TPs and academy representatives generally speaking though. Swifts could have really used someone like Donoghue.

Tully
              Participant

What’s happened to Coleman?

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Matt
                    Participant

Hi Swift fans,

My young daughter has taken an interest in netball and is starting to play this year.

She comes to the football with me each week and I want to take her to a Swifts game. We watched the Diamonds together and both found ourselves cheering at the TV.

My question is;
                      Is there a good/bad place to sit at the ground?
                      Is behind the goals ok, like in football or is it best to sit on halfway like in NRL?
                      I’m looking at the tickets available and they appear to be either in the corner or behind the goals, could you offer any thoughts or advice?

Sincerest thanks for anyone who can pass on their thoughts on stadium seating.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Matt.
                      Tully
                      Participant

Hi Matt, how lovely, I am sure you and your daughter will have a fantastic time!

I have not been to a Swifts game or Ken Rosewall Arena. Is that where the game you are looking at is?

If so given it was originally built for tennis like Margaret Court Arena where the Vixens sometimes play I would be surprised if you could get a bad seat. The stadiums were built for rectangular courts unlike John Cain in Melbourne which is a multi purpose stadium and so you can definitely get obstructed views there.

As a personal preference I would go for the corner. But that is just the angle I’d prefer to watch from than behind the goals. I have sat behind the goals many times though and always enjoyed it. Depending on how tall your daughter is and how high / low the seats are though she may struggle to see what is happening at the other end?

Whilst I have not been to a Swifts home game I have been to home games of 4 other clubs and they all run fantastic game day events so would expect nothing less of Swifts. Hopefully a Swifts fan jump in here and advise but I’d say go early so that your daughter has a chance to look around and participate in some of the events and if she isn’t enjoying that then you can always watch the teams warm up out on court.

Ian Harkin

Matt, welcome, this isn’t so much about where you sit, but just an observation from previous matches at Ken Rosewall Arena… depending on the time of year, it can get VERY cold inside there. That has certainly been the case in the small number of home matches they’ve had there so far. Oh, and personally, I think the corners might be best.

Marley08
                          Participant

Hi Matt, as a Swift & Giants member, I can advise that the corners have a great view and sideline is also a very good viewing spot. Please note it is VERY COLD as Ian said. The SWiFTS have great outdoor activities before the match. You should both have a wonderful time!

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia NSW SWIFTS 2022

Go to Top