NZ Comm Games Team

NZ Comm Games Team2022-06-27T09:30:49+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yip the one on one style D of the pulse, made stars attack look social grade

Baller
      Participant

Who will be the Roses C and how do they match up against the SF?

Hadley…Saunders/Souness/Heffernan good match up for speed.

thunder123
        Participant

When was the last time Crampton and Souness would’ve played C ?

mcleod
          Participant

Souness prob the 2018 fast 5. And Gina maybe a wee cameo 8 years ago.

Nesian
            Participant

So I reached out to some people last week to ask about the trials and really to see if Meels made the team as I had heard what her yo-yo score was about five weeks ago and she wasn’t really close at all at that stage. They told me who the shooters were and those were the ones that were named today.

So as reported Nweke hasn’t made the fitness standard and perhaps the medical clearance is just to give her more time to pass the fitness test, that would be the cynical side of me saying that. Two of the reserves haven’t passed the fitness test either and I think you can figure out who they are. The other player who didn’t pass the fitness test was on track and had hired a personal trainer to help with speed and endurance but unfortunately was one of the players who was sick and didn’t attend the full trial. That person will play no part in the Cadbury series and has instead taken up a basketball contract that was offered to her. One of the reserves didn’t trial at all.

Manu’a was the only Pulse member to attend the full trial. @Nate I believe Gordon only trialed on the last day.

Biggest surprise for me was seeing Kersten not named as Noels has her favourites but then I see she has balanced that out with Johnson who could barely get a run for the Stars :unsure:

I don’t think we will medal to be honest and I think the men will thrash us come Cadbury series time but it should be fun to watch anyway.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nesian.
              Maryann
              Participant

Both Aliyah and Tokomanawa Queens have gone public with her signing for the basketball league.

thunder123
                Participant

Wonder how Mes feels reuniting with Nweke. She flourished sharing the shooting load this year.
                  Also wonder how all players combine in the shooting circle with Nweke, do they take the back seat and take on a feeding role? There is no nippy GA selected. Unless you count Souness lol.

Also interesting that in the past, TPSR has been used as a GS for the Ferns, yet will be GA this CG

NZ101
                  Participant

McLeod,
                    Poi and Gordon may have to join up with Aliyah.

thunder123
                    Participant

Love your insight Nesian!!

Nate
                      Participant

@nesian awesome to the info, so does that mean Dunn didn’t make fitness? Even prior to her sickness?

Good on her taking a basketball contract too to shift her focus for a bit.

WeWood
                        Participant

Surely the starting midcourt is Gina/Shannon/Kate and the first change-up would be moving Shannon and Kate forward?

Souness reminds me of a Leota circa- 2010 change-up which could prove very valuable. I think she’s the X factor change you would pull at halftime in a knock-out game.

So too Johnson to WD or GD. I think Taurua will know she probably can’t get a regular 60 mins out of Kayla, but out of those four defenders I would back her to get the speccy intercept with 30” on the clock.

I’m happy the travelling reserves appear to be MRB, Temu and reading between the lines, Metuarau versus Ekenasio?

Baller
                          Participant

Looking at Ireland and the All Blacks, anything could happen come game day.

I’m looking forward to seeing Nweke/Mes or Nweke/TPSR especially under the right coaching conditions.

WeWood
                            Participant

I think TPSR will be the better feeder to Grace. I’m not really sure about Mes being there and previous experience..

I would like to see Bailey and Maia Wilson together however. And even Maia in front of Bailey in the Cadbury Series.

Baller
                              Participant

DNT said no one is going to see what they are going to put out. Do we expect the unexpected positional wise?

Kwkiwi
                                Participant

Surprised Dunn has been overlooked yet again. Pretty much the most consistent GS in New Zealand for the last three years. What a slap in the face. But glad she is pursuing basketball. If you are fit enough for a game of basketball you are certainly fit enough for GS in netball. Gordon and Manua have also been overlooked.

The new nz womens basketball league has pay parity with the men and is being sponsored by skytv so will be excited to watch Aliyah in the up coming womens basketball league starting this Wednesday. I’m just glad she’s not wasting her time making up numbers in that Cadbury series. Will be interested to see how fit she is playing basketball. In fact that Cadbury series doesn’t interest me at all.

Virtually the whole Pulse team overlooked. What gives there? They were the dominant team in the Anz. A lot of Taurus’s favourites have been selected. Even players who were starting on the bench for their ANZ teams ie Johnson. Also I have no faith in the shooters picked. Wilson and Mes very suspect when under pressure.

End of! Not a happy camper. Can’t see the ferns medaling with that team, especially with the shooters they have picked. Taurua appears to have selected a number of players who are past their peak.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 133 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top