NZ Comm Games Team

NZ Comm Games Team2022-06-27T09:30:49+10:00

Forums New Zealand NZ Comm Games Team

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 133 total)
  • Author

TB
    Participant

In all the interviews I’ve seen DNT do, they have not held back in their questions. Really taking her to task about her selections.
    And she has responded brilliantly.

I’m going to be honest, I’m still not completely SOLD on this team. But I’m really excited to see how this all unfolds. If they make the GF or win gold, she’ll go down as a legend.

mcleod
    Participant

Awesome lets bring in 2 Aussie players for the mixed. Poi and Earle deemed not good enough or something else.

minkie
    Participant

McLeod maybe something happened behind the scenes that we don’t know about.
    There might be a really good reason they weren’t picked?

ahdz
    Participant

Now all the NZ teams are announced can we hurry up and announce the ANZ squads please haha

Ian Harkin
    RMB
    Participant

i had a serious WTAF moment when she picked the team, im sure im not the only one! But she sells a good story i would legit follow this woman into war :yahoo: Shes the razor of netball

I can see her reasoning too, the mid court seemed to struggle during the Taini Jamieson and Quads

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by RMB.
    RMB
    Participant

@ahdz i wonder when this is? so far weve only had the Tactix, Pulse and Mystics, the pulse and mystics is only one or two changes so be interesting to see what the other 3 are doing…

ahdz
    Participant

I think they have to be named by next week.

Netballfan1
    Participant

I’m quite excited to see how Souness and TPSR work together with Nweke the more I think about it

RMB
    Participant

@netballfan1 TP and Nweke did a bit in the Taini Jamieson cup, Souness is a bit of a pocket rocket i think thats what Noeline wants.
    TP was always on form when her GS was so maybe a bit of tall timber might work in her favor :heart:

tasman
    Participant

@mcleod I’m disappointed to see Poi, Earle or MSB not included. But I think the mixed team is not supposed to be just another team one tier down from the NZA – an NZB if you will… DNT has used her Lightning connections to lure those Aussie midcouters over to give the ferns a real test against a team that provides another playing style.

The men will be strong in the air, so ferns will want to employ a fast, short and sharp game they’ll want to put out against teams like Jamaica. The mixed team will be that combination of the tall shooters with the fast Aussie mid court which will test their zone defence game plan. And of course, the NZA will just be a good tough battle to test their mental resilience under pressure.

Those 3 are still young and will get their chance soon, just not this series. Fingers crossed they take some part in the Con Cup or Fast5 at least.

tasman
    Participant

Here’s another go, can’t seem to post links. Another interview with DNT about selections

Ian Harkin

Apparently, NZ A beat NZ in a practice match over the weekend.

WeWood
    Participant

@Nesian you got a run down of the game? @Ian you know more beyond the score?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand NZ Comm Games Team