NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today2021-08-10T08:09:00+10:00

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Jamie bloody HUME! Soooo well deserved – what a huge improvement we have seen from her. To think there were people 12 months ago questioning how she got a contract at ANZ level. Always had the ability and we saw it this year. Rapt for her.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

No Poi, interesting. I’m surprised Dunn didn’t even make the development squad.

Interesting to note that Kayla Johnson is still involved in the Ferns program. Has she been playing State league in NSW or something?

Baller
    Participant

TBH there aren’t too many surprises based on ANZ form across the whole squad.

WD seems a big focus.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Baller.
    sami j
    Participant

Interesting that Temu, Earle, Dunn and Bird aren’t even in the development squad. The biggest shock for me is Poi not in the ferns when she killed it at con cup

thunder123
    Participant

Surprised to not see Poi, thought she had a better season than Kersten.
    Also surprised no Temu, Dunn, Bird, Earle, Savai’inaea, Williams in the development squad.
    Seems like maybe the time has passed for the likes of Mikaere, Faka in the development squad.
    I’m guessing Dunn and Temu aren’t reaching fitness standards.
    MRB overtaken Earle. Think Earle was development squad last year.
    Vui an interesting one. Showed promise when she hit the court but not a lot of court time.

museboy
    Participant

I think they are keeping Gordon as she is a genuine WA/C/WD cover, very useful for tournaments

mcleod
    Participant

Kimi might get a gig in the SSN, clearly Noels does not think anything thing of her.

NZChampion
    Participant

Read the article guys. 😉 Development squad can push for a spot. Anyone of them can. Poi will easily slot out Kersten, if she brings her A game to the camps, it’s over. 😂

Well it’s a bit like Xmas for me. All my faves got in. All the new faces are the ones I wanted. Gordan, Heffernen, Nweke, Tiana!

Welcome back Toeava! Would love to see you and Nweke in a final quarter 10 goals down.

PICASSO123
    Participant

The Pulse might not have finished where they wanted but Jury playing GD really paid dividends to her spot in the Ferns. Literally shocked to not see Dunn when she outsmarted half of the defenders in ANZ with her fancy footwork and beautiful shooting 😩

mcleod
    Participant

Did read the article, I don’t rate Kersten one bit.

TB
    Participant

I’m shocked about Poi, thought she was a shoe in.
    I guess they are leaving Watson on there, to allow those defenders in the development squad to really fight for that last spot.

Ian Harkin

NZChampion
    Participant

Does anyone think the fitness standards were lowered? Or exceptions made? Are their yoyo scores recorded by their franchise?

Because I’m not sure everyone made the 16.3 grade. Maybe they will be found out in camp? Or maybe they all did pass, which is outstanding if that’s the case.

WeWood
    Participant

NZC if that’s the case then surely Dunn would be incl as well? Do we think she’s miles off the pace (compared to Nweke)?

I reckon we will see Poi in Con Cup at some stage.

Re Jury playing GD being good for her stocks, I think Saunders and now Heffernan playing predominantly WA/C has been a massive win for them personally. I don’t like Saunders as a C for the Ferns but she’s a great back-up to Crampton as shown at NWC and Con Cup.

If Noels is persisting with Gordon, see what she can do back in WA. I really don’t rate her at WD (even though that’s where she started).

Baller
    Participant

I imagine the yoyo scores were recorded by their franchises with no exceptions.

I think there will be some great battles going on during training camp.

BTW Lokotui – happy surprise.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today