NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today2021-08-10T08:09:00+10:00

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Again MIQ spots for sports teams are always available in NZ, not sure why people are not understanding this.

And for HBHP to blame Poi for the Tactix failings, what rubbish. The inept shooting was what cost them winning the final,
    and then the dreadful not wanting to shoot from Te Paea in the loss to the Steel when, they let them score the last 7 goals.

Poi is fantastic in a moving shooting circle, Tactix need something different, as I feel Bird and TP are not the answer.

al_ex
    Participant

I agree with mcleod. Obviously there is more depth in the midcourt than the shooting end, but I don’t understand how TPSR can get selected for the Ferns and Poi is kicked out because of the Tactix attack end having issues. It was the shooting end who were having issues 90% of the time. Especially when you consider that Poi had such impact during CC, she and Ekenasio pretty much won NZL the series in the last games.

NZChampion
    Participant

Yeah agree with that mcleod. Poi will prove herself in the SF environment just watch.

I think Tactix should go for either Falkner, Mes or Hume. I think TP needs to go back to GS. I think either Samon or Pedersen needs to go as well. Also a GK, maybe Miss F, move Watson, Burger and Elley up court. Poi to WA.

mcleod
    Participant

Yip Poi comes on during the #rd Q of game 3 of the Con Cup, the mid court before that was slow and missing chances to pass to Maia. Kimi cames on and boom ball goes straight into the moving GS.

minkie
    Participant

Thought Ellie was great this season, admittedly not her first few games but I’d rather have seen Ellie picked over TP.
    Poi will get her chance.

mcleod
    Participant

Yip TP lucky to get in. 65% should not make it

minkie
    Participant

Percentage but also her body language
    Sure she might appear to be like that but it doesn’t take a rocket science to see she’s just not fired up enough, if she’s passionate she hides it damn well. Anyhoo hope they don’t put all the responsibility on Maia whose clearly not well. Let/make the young girls shine

HBHP
    Participant

I wasn’t blaming her for the Tactix failings at all. I was saying that her consistency needs work (as evident by her play this year) which is exactly what Noels said on Inside Netball too

mcleod
    Participant

Kersten had a very inconsistent season, but she waltzed in, just like Heffernan whose turnover rate is far to high.

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

TB
    Participant

Yes some of these selections do not make sense. There must be off-court stuff, that maybe Poi and Souness are not doing?
    Nothing against Heffernan, but I do feel she’s benefiting (tailgating) off the great work of Saunders and Tiana. In saying that, I’m not against her being in the squad, she’s an exciting player.
    Kersten’s inclusion I feel is unnecessary. I think when you have Sam Winders in there, you don’t need both. I feel like they only needed to select one of them, not both.

I do think TPSR is needed in the Ferns. Her shooting % was crap this season, but her play making skills were superb! The games she didn’t play, Tactix lost by A LOT. She almost single-handedly turned there season around.
    There was one game when Bird did not play. I think they only lost that game by a goal or two. Yet when they didn’t have TPSR, they lost by 20 odd points.
    I think this speaks volumes about what she can do.

Baller
    Participant

Dame Noeline said because they are short in the defensive end she’s put more padding in around players who can cover both centre and wing defence so she can bolster up the defence end when they take the court in internationals.

Explains the Heffernan, Kersten, Gordon, Winders selection.

Still plenty of opportunities to the wider squad to make the 12.

Baller
    Participant

Stupid italics otherway around. Quote at the top.

WeWood
    Participant

The thing with TPSR’s style of play and that shooter-to-shooter work is it works well against the NZ zone but she just won’t get away with Bruce/Weston/Klau.

Ekenasio and Wilson did the shooter to shooter stuff in Con Cup but it was varied – long passes into the circle, quick one-twos closer to the post, beautiful holding of space, other tricky dicky stuff.

TPSR’s stand on one foot and hope for the best will get monstered by a classic Aussie three foot guard.

TB
    Participant

It depends on how DNT runs her combinations. Nweke is NZs version of JFR.
    The Steel 2016 team had a front end of JFR TPSR Crampton and Saunders, and were very successful under DNT. That was also back in the old ANZC days, when we use to play Aussie teams.

I’m not in favour of Saunders running C (as I still want Poi there 😬😁). But surely DNT is looking at that combination.

DNT has a way of bringing out the best in players. Im very interested to seeing how she brings Wilson out of her bad form.

emily
    Participant

Netballcrazy1, Kayla Johnson was playing for South Coast Blaze in NSW State League I believe, although the season was cut short due to covid.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by emily.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today