NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today2021-08-10T08:09:00+10:00

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thinking about it more, I feel some players have been gifted a Silver Ferns Squad spot.
    IMO Heffernan is not a international C, neither is Kersten, she has had years or development and has never got good enough.
    Poi would be better of playing in a team that hardly wins games, or move to the Wing Attack position, and just lob all game, and do nothing on defence.

Metuarau got utterly monstered by Burger and also struggled against Ellie Temu (who couldn’t even get a development squad gig.)

Maia Wilson had 3 of the worst shooting games ever seen, yet gets in. Poi has a good season but gets dropped.

A Ferns team full of defence mid court C’s how boring

minkie
    Participant

Agree to a degree. But I’m hardly in a position to know much at all if anything. With Bailey having her worst season due to injuries then taking time away.
    But anyhoo.
    Maia? We just have to look at Sharni and Olivia (NZ cyclists) to understand the immense pressure these elite athletes have.
    I really hope the responsibilities are limited and Maia is carefully watched (which I’m sure Noels will do).
    As for gifting? Maybe without being emotional with our teams and our players. Noels can see what we can’t. With damn covid, Eke/Jane out. The pressures on for alot of new players in both teams to make that final cut. Hume got fried last time by the Diamonds. Personally I’d rather have not seen TP or Hume picked. But I’m not the coach. You can’t dispute Peta had a brilliant season, it’s up to Poi to make Niels notice her.

Waylay
    Participant

Hume’s never played for the Ferns minkie. Do you mean Falkner?

minkie
    Participant

Really? Lol Apologies Jamie, must be Monica then. I’ll be curious to see how Grace handles the Diamonds.

HBHP
    Participant

It’s so good though for depth that we give young players court time, especially building towards com games and the World Cup.
    I’m really excited by the team. I think NZ netball will be in a really strong position for next year for the gold

NZChampion
    Participant

Just like that the netball season is over. What will I do with myself on Sundays now lol.

Competition for spots in the team is healthy. It’s what we have wanted for many years now. Look out for the footnote girls. They may kick some of our faves out too. Roll on Eng series and Constellation Cup.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand NZ Silver Ferns squad announcement today