Oceania World Cup Qualifiers

Oceania World Cup Qualifiers2022-07-12T18:03:09+10:00

Forums International Oceania World Cup Qualifiers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Seems like a very good win for Tonga?

I see Briony Akle is over there helping them out.

Ian Harkin

They don’t even have a ranking, and they’ve comfortably beaten a team ranked 16 in the world.

Kerryn
        Participant

midway through the second quarter Samoa were up 26-19, and then it was pretty much all one way traffic for Tonga from there – stand outs were definitely both GS’s – the Tongan one was slotting them from everywhere and Tui really is a star in the making

PICASSO123
          Participant

The GS for Tonga is a Victorian State pathway player. She plays for the Falcons and is a potential feeder GS for any SSN Victoria team. Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets the call up to either the Vixens or Magpies in the future.

Tonga also has 4/5 training partners/players of different ANZ Premiership/SSN teams

Nate
            Participant

Isnt the eligibility criteria around which country is when they last played at a major event ie worlds?

al_ex
              Participant

Uneeq Palavi is a great talent. I could definitely see her being brought into the Vixens when Kumwenda retires, she reminds me a bit of Samason actually. Amazing range and overall a strong target.

This Tongan team is very impressive. One of the best drilled and most consistent Pasifika teams that I’ve ever seen. If they keep this group of young talent together I think they could definitely make Top 6 at NWC.

Exactly how many Ferns are eligible to play for Samoa? Cullen, Fitzpatrick, Manu’a, Vui etc. come to mind. It would be amazing to see a Samoan allstar team at the Cadbury Series, where even the likes of Tuta’ia and Latu could come back into the fold.

Nate
                Participant

Was a thrashing by Tonga and super impressive.

Side note… Nawai-CaoCao went down with a leg injury

Also are you sure Cullen is Samoan?

PICASSO123
                  Participant

Cullen is not Samoan. She’s of Cook Islander descent. Now imagine a Cook Islands lineup of Samason, Metuarau, Cullen, RMB…crazy right.

Toeava, Ioane, Vui, Manu’a, Savienea could all lineup for Samoa….just a thought.

Fiji should’ve asked Pedersen (Fijian dad) if she wanted to play for them. Their mid court was just not structured and outplayed.

Also, how the hell does Veve not have a SSN contract. She deserves a starting spot somewhere after last nights performance

al_ex
                    Participant

It would be difficult for Veve to move interstate with two kids and her family in QLD. She would have been a better match for Fever than Jenner to be honest, she covers C and WD really well which is where they lack backup.

Ian Harkin

Maryann
                        Participant

Malesala could also line up for Samoa – so many ANZ and NNL players are of PI descent.

al_ex
                          Participant

Another dominant win for Tonga and they are all but guaranteed a place at NWC now! An amazing effort, I would love to see them come up against some of the Tier II International teams (Uganda, Malawi, Wales, Scotland etc.).

Ian Harkin

Wow, Tonga’s on fire.

Nate
                              Participant

Stronger nations defence would just need to shut down Palavi tbh. Might not be so easy but id like to see how shed fair against better defence. I think theyd give the second tier UK based countries a run but maybe the African ones would be too strong.

Nate
                                Participant

Stronger nations defence would just need to shut down Palavi tbh. Might not be so easy but id like to see how shed fair against better defence. I think theyd give the second tier UK based countries a run but maybe the African ones would be too strong.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International Oceania World Cup Qualifiers

Go to Top