Permission for Research in Non-Netball Forum

Permission for Research in Non-Netball Forum2021-05-12T13:26:57+10:00

Forums Site Feedback Permission for Research in Non-Netball Forum

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Ian and the rest of the Netball Scoop Community:

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Connor MacDonald, and I am a Masters by Research student at the University of South Australia. I am reaching out to you because I would like to acquire your permission to post a survey link on your Non-Netball forum.

My research topic is exploring transgender inclusion in the AFL and Cricket Australia. This entails analysing policy documents, news media articles, and collecting and understanding fans thoughts and perspectives on this matter. To collect and understand fans views on transgender inclusion, I have created a survey that has been approved by the Human Research Ethics at UniSA. The survey will be completely voluntary, and participants will remain anonymous. The only information collected will be the participant’s gender, age range, Australian state of residence, and favourite cricket team. The main part of the survey will contain three open ended questions that simply ask the participants their thoughts and perspectives on the inclusion of transgender athletes in the AFL and cricket. This survey is just cricket (I wanted to do more sports, but have to limit the scope, and cricket fan forums have been exhausted).

I believe your forum offers a great opportunity to access fans who will be important to this research. If this is of interest to you, I would be happy to share the potential post and survey with you before you give approval. As you can see, I’ve created an account with the name ‘Unistudent500’. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach me through my email provided below.

I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Connor

HDR Student — Masters by Research
    UniSA Business
    Email: connor.macdonald@mymail.unisa.edu.au

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Site Feedback Permission for Research in Non-Netball Forum