2022 QUAD SERIES – (Jan) Eng/SA/NZ/Aus

2022 QUAD SERIES – (Jan) Eng/SA/NZ/Aus2021-11-23T19:11:43+10:00

Forums International 2022 QUAD SERIES – (Jan) Eng/SA/NZ/Aus

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Participant

With the removal of all that experience that Watson and Weston, I think established combinations where possible will really help the less experienced players. Eg Wood/Koenen, Klau/Turner and Bruce/Aryang.

I like the idea of Watson being rested.

Itba@94
    Participant

Wondering what the average age of the Diamonds is as compared to the Silver Ferns because I read somewhere on FB that the Silver Ferns is quite a young team?

TB
    Participant

Maybe Wood to WA?
    Bueta/Garbin circle would be great to see!

WeWood
    Participant

My calls for Poi are because she was a massive part of our Con Cup success and Kersten now had an ANZP season and series against NZM and England where she has been ho-hum to say the least.

Am unsure what it will take for Noeline to see Kersten and Winders aren’t the answer in the middle?

Their undoing for CWG selection may end up being their C/WA pairing for the Magic as I do not think that will go well.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by WeWood.
    Suzie123
    Participant

Did anyone else notice Bruce’s name as “Buce” on the back of her dress? Not sure though, perhaps my eyesight was bad so early in the morning

Ian Harkin

netballfan91
    Participant

Definitely said Buce!

Ian Harkin
    PICASSO123
    Participant

I might have to disagree with not having Poi. Poi is not only a great feeder but she’s really fast and athletic. And she actually runs non-stop during a 60 minute game. I think having Poi not only combats the speed of other midcourters like Guthrie or Watson but she offers fast delivery, drive and feed into the shooting circle. I watched the game against Aus and there were times when the Ferns would pass back to Burger and Johnson because Saunders, Crampton and Winders werent coming forward which allowed the Aussies to reset their defensive structures and cause tips and turnovers.

PICASSO123
    Participant

I mean take a look at last seasons ANZ Premiership. Poi made it look so easy for TPSR and Bird because she did majority of the hardwork (drives, feeds, deliveries). I mean I honestly don’t know what will Poi need to do more to impress Taurua 🤷🏾‍♂️

TB
    Participant

Paige Hadley was the perfect C for Aus. I think Cath Cox mentioned, that she didn’t do anything spectacular or fancy, but over the course of the game built some high stats.

She was the perfect foil for Watson. I feel she’s quite similar to Kim Rav, doesn’t try to be over dominant. Kind of reminiscent when Kim Greene and Madi Browne playing together – both too dominant, hence the midcourt worked better when Rav was at C.

Morts
    Participant

I thoroughly agree TB. Although I fondly remember a quad series game against the ferns in 2012/13. Green was the preferred WA because at the time Joeline Henry was outplaying Madi Browne. But NVB broke her finger and had to come off. Aus played the rest of the game with a frontline of Cox Pratley Browne and Green and it was pure magic. Absolutely demolished the Ferns.

But in general, I agree. Hadley knew her role today. But could also put the foot down in attack when needed and really take control of drives and feeding the circle. That’s what I think most of these defensive centres (JLP, Moloney) are lacking. They can’t step up and own the attack when the WA is covered. Hadley finally getting a chance to show her worth at Diamonds level is a joy to watch

thunder123
    Participant

IMO, thing with Hadley is she runs along the sideline all day. New Zealand zone blocks the middle of the court, so Hadley can stay on the sideline and get ball all down the court. Then in the goal third can cut into the middle of the court.
    She plays it very smart, whereas Price just runs the middle channel with her head down. Hadley knows when to cut and call for the ball.

Wood also helped this for Hadley as she is very smart, Bueta as a GA just runs and takes up others space, and Price did the same thing too. Would like to see Price and Wood in the GA/C combo.
    Also think Wood would play Garbin into the game. Bueta didn’t bring Koenan into the game, but not sure if that was because of Price too.

Ian Harkin

JR
    Participant

Great video. Wonderful to see her when she first put on the England dress.

Congratulations Geva.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2022 QUAD SERIES – (Jan) Eng/SA/NZ/Aus