Silver Ferns Quad Series team

Silver Ferns Quad Series team2021-12-17T11:43:42+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
      TB
      Participant

No TPSR?
        Is she injured, or she just not get selected?

Kat
        Participant

A few surprises. Short on shooters though. I still don’t get how Kersten gets in the team, I presume she is the silver ferns number 1 centre. Sorry, to her fans, but she has never impressed me with her play at international level.

Kat
          Participant

As for TPSR, I’m not surprised. she has been lucky to be in the team over the last few years, as there have been limited shooters.

thunder123
            Participant

No Poi!
              Happy to see MRB in there though.

Vui in the side shows lack of shooting options.

Baller
              Participant

Defensively no surprises.

Vui has such a sweet long shot and turns to the post with confidence. Congratulations.

MRB is a surprise. Obviously an amazing trial to earn her spot.

Looks like a team where NT is building up a large talent base. Similar to quad series prior the WC19.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

I’m really excited for Johnson. I’ve always loved her versatility and I would say her career path has been unique in many ways. Hopefully she has a good tournament!

Sad not to see Poi again

TB
                  Participant

The other one I don’t see in there is Maddy Gordon. I thought for sure she’d be there.

Kat
                    Participant

It did say in an article I just read that Maddy was ruled out due to a knee injury. So maybe she could still be in for selection for commonwealth games. In my opinion Poi should be there over Kersten.

Kerryn
                      Participant

I remember reading something a few weeks ago about some of the players who were eligible hadn’t been vaccinated – which they have to be to travel – so that could account for some of the omissions?

it’s an interesting squad – like has been commented on already quite light in the shooting end but for the first time in awhile they have 2 dedicated GA’s who aren’t afraid to put the long shots up, and Vui really stood up when she came on court this year

Nesian
                        Participant

Do you even have to be good to be a SF now a days?

It seems like it’s a little bit of a lottery and if your number comes up then your in as long as you are vaccinated and can meet the yo-yo requirements.

WeWood
                          Participant

Nesian I was feeling a bit like that as well – particularly around Vui and MRB – but then thought they obviously stood up in trials and others didn’t take their opportunity – TPSR, Hume, Falkner, Gordon (although sounds like she’s injured – hopefully not serious) and Souness come to mind.

Concur re Kersten.. wonder if we’ll see the Stars combination of Crampton and MRB? I much prefer Saunders as (back-up) WA rather than C and keep Winders at WD please. I hope Poi uses this as motivation to have a ripper of an ANZP..

Intrigued as anything to see how Johnson and Karaka shape up.

WeWood
                            Participant

Taurua’s rationale for Vui and MRB’s elevation to the Ferns squad:

“Both Filda and Mila really put their hands up for selection with the energy and explosive play that they delivered this week. They have demonstrated the PURE values, which are at the core of being a Silver Fern and I’m really excited to see how they perform against world-class opponents.”

sami j
                              Participant

definitely an interesting squad. stoked for Karaka and Johnson, will be interesting to see where they are at. I personally would have taken Poi and/or Heffernan over MRB and i feel Vui is too inexperienced to be a fern but I guess that shows the lack of depth in the shooting end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top