2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)

2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)2020-09-28T20:18:36+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 258 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Do they really need the drama queens??

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

I can’t imagine how strong this Roses team will be once Housby, Harten, Pitman, Mentor, Guscoth, Haythornthwaite, Cobden etc. are included. I agree, Ferns will be in for a rude awakening, as will the Diamonds. The 2022 Roses are looking to be very strong and I have no idea how they will make team selections because it is only going to become more competitive now that the younger players have gotten court time.

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

Wow, they’re back on court tomorrow. This tight turnaround worries me, surely a days break in between games could’ve been managed.

mcleod
          Participant

Some of the English players on show today, are better than what I saw in the SSN.
            Ferns not polished by any means. But I say thanks to Corbin for the win. Ferns did a 10-1 run when she was on.

mcleod
            Participant

Sunday they play not Saturday. But still not a very long rest.

JR
              Participant

<<Wow, they’re back on court tomorrow..>>

No. it’s Sunday.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Whoops, one of the commentators said ‘we’ll be back tomorrow night’ – or something along the lines of that. Good to see they have at least a days rest

WeWood
                  Participant

A shame how much the Ferns have regressed since last week. Maybe they’re buggered after a week of camp, the Cadbury Series and then TJ? Gee whiz, Crampton and Saunders were insipid.

Wilson and Ekenasio’s shooting a pleasure to watch.

Hallelujah to Corbin coming on. Interesting stat that it was 10-1 to the Ferns while she was on the court..

Burger, Kersten and Souness have earned the start for the final test. Poi would be quite handy to have right now..

greenasgxld
                    Participant

The changes in the third q lost it for England imo, but the ferns stepped up a gear and were more intense.

It’s so nice to see the young, inexperienced English players play at this level. I thought they would lose by 20+ goals but I’m impressed. This is probably the most depth England have had in a long time.

SDL has impressed me. Tbh I didn’t think that she had ‘it’ for England but she could really challenge Housby for the GA position. I don’t know why they keep persisting with Corbin, 70+ caps later and she still plays like it’s her first one. No control, just explosion and turnovers.

Full time: NZ 54-47

Wilson 38/41 (93%)
                        Ekenasio 16/18 (89%)
                        NZ: 92%

Cardwell 19/21 (90%)
                        Fisher 17/17 (100%)
                        Drakeford-Lewis 11/14 (79%)
                        Corbin 0/1 (0%)
                        ENG: 89%

Assists: Malcolm 18
                        Gains: Fitzpatrick 5

MVP: Malcolm

greenasgxld
                        Participant

I agree about Crampton and Saunders. As soon as Kersten and Souness came on the game changed.

Kwkiwi
                          Participant

Not a very convincing win by the Ferns, considering this is the England B team. Ferns got many of the 50-50 calls and they were close to held ball several times. Guthrie shut down Saunders. Quite a bit of depth in the roses side. Well done to them, a good outcome considering the makeup of their team. I would have kept on Fisher at GS. She was doing quite well against Fitzpatrick. Impressed with Cardwells shooting as well.

Will be interesting to see how Wilson goes against the aussie defenders, Weston, Mannix and co. Is that legal what Wilson’s doing obstructing the GD from running back to position after a goal has been scored?? Wilson seems to be running into Williams deliberately putting her shoulder into her preventing her from getting back for the reset.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Kwkiwi.

stars-supporter
                              Participant

The SF are generally looking flat and tired. It’s been a tough year when you consider the double games each week with ANZ, a very hard training camp, Cadbury series and straight into the England matches.

Think many are being over dramatic over Saunders, she’s the steady one in the attacking end. She’s definitely a level above Kersten.

George Fisher & English GK, wow! Can’t want to see more of the Steel next year.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                                Participant

It was very average from Ferns. But I guess they are exhausted after a busy month.

I still don’t think the Saunders Crampton combo is the right one for NZ. Pleasantly surprised with Kersten though!

NZ should be using this series to blood some younger players. Wilson and Ekenasio need a break

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 258 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top