2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)

2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)2020-09-28T20:18:36+10:00

Forums International 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not a bad squad considering all their Suncorp players are not involved!
    Midcourt will be strong with Guthrie and Clark.
    Fisher a huge target at GS also.

englishrose21
    Participant

No Cobden named? I was surprised by that.
    Also Nat Panagarry, I know she was injured so maybe not fully fit/match ready.
    Really looking forward to seeing Vicki Oyesola play and Jodie Gibson back.
    Will we see a Cardwell/Fisher circle? Hope so 🙌🏻

englishrose21
    Participant

Also I think Con Cup was postponed only because the SSN was finishing so late and for the diamonds it would have been too long/late in the year. They have to have certain weeks rest before preseason. Also 4 weeks of quarantine would have been too much for them when a lot of the squad have been away from home for a long time. It isn’t a case of why are the roses allowed and not the diamonds.

al_ex
    Participant

Does England have any real GA backup? It feels like all their GAs except for Housby are just converted GSs. I’ve heard Semple and Drakeford-Lewis’ names thrown around a bit but are they at the level to compete against Australia/New Zealand?

Zara
    Participant

Drakeford-Lewis will be amazing once she’s gotten a few more international caps and experience. I think she was far too overwhelmed when she came out recently, against SA I think it was. She also plays with Guthrie at Bath so will probably be a massive confidence boost for her if she has a teammate alongside.

Really sad there’s no Cobden :( but yessss to Carter, really hope she gets a run even though she’s only named in the Roses future programme and not the main Squad.

Will be interesting whether it’s just the strongest 7 that get a run or if everyone will be rotated for exposure.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Will be good for NZ to blood Gordon against Guthrie and Clarke. Good measure for her!

sarahlove
    Participant

Does anyone know why Amy Carter is not in the squad?
    I thought she was pretty good when we saw her in that series a year or so ago.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Aspirational squad :mail: I hope Sonia has worked on the defence. Very inexperienced but lots if potential. I hope they all step up or its not going to be pretty. B-) B-) B-)

Jinxibo
    Participant

Caldwell will get the chance to play GA and GS hmm ;-)

NZChampion
    Participant

Dangerous team with Guthrie running attack and defence. Huge step up for our NZ midcourt. I’m confident we will win, but I think our midcourt are going to learn a few lessons.

mcleod
    Participant

I think the mid court will be fine. Poi/Saunders/Crampton/Souness/Gordon/Rore/Burger, they are hardly going to struggle

greenasgxld
    Participant

England will be whitewashed 3-0 but it will be a good experience for the inexperienced players. New Zealand have a much more consistent playing group than England .

We need good GA backup because without Housby, there’s no real GA. Drakeford-Lewis was out of her depth the last time she played for England and Corbin can’t shoot. Too consumed in doing the tricks and her shooting suffers as a result.

WA is the other position that concerns me. Parsons is OK but she’s never really stood out as a WA that could stand up at the international level. I’m surprised she got a full time contract to be honest. Will be good for her though, especially as she’ll have Guthrie and Clarke behind her.

I’m curious about this defence. For me, Quashie has the potential to be a world class GK but needs more exposure on the international stage. Williams will be our starting GD in a few years time for sure. Oyesola will challenge for that spot too. I enjoyed watching Adio play for Pulse before the superleague got cancelled. It’s good to see Gibson back after her knee injury.

I don’t really know how to feel about Thirlby. At times she’s too hesitant to make changes when things aren’t going well but then again she needs time to get used to this group (then again I felt this way about Tracey Neville and she won the Comm games so who knows?).

Fluffy
    Participant

Why oh why don’t we have any starting WAs in this squad? Drakeford Lewis is the future at GA (way more of the p word than Corbin, imho) so I don’t want to see her moved across, Marshall is a defensive centre and I can’t see anyone else in this squad that would be appropriate – Clarke and Guthrie are WDs made Cs after all.

Would like to see Oyesola at GD with Williams at GK…

This is going to be a baptism of fire for the English squad that’s for sure!

TheBroadbean
    Participant

She is?!

TheBroadbean
    Participant

As much as I love Beth Cobden, she hasn’t played any netball this year (I don’t think?!) so it was maybe a bit much for her to be named.

Typical England squad. 3 million Wing Defences and 1.5 Wing Attacks!

🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)