Silver Ferns trialists

Silver Ferns trialists2022-06-15T08:37:43+10:00

Forums New Zealand Silver Ferns trialists

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@minkie agree about the Mystics, i was thinking coaches were an issue, ive said before Rob is a known toxic influence (and thats from me knowing not just speculating).

I think Dunns was by choice, but also she hasnt looked happy for a while either, she seems to be going through the motions of some games and doesnt look to be enjoying them, thas just through her body language. I mean she doesnt need to shout and scream and all that jazz but just a smile would be nice to show shes happy. Ive said before its great to see players smiling whilst on court, meaning theyre enjoying playing and doing their job.

Im less of a fan of Pulse now that Dunns gone and especially with what theyve replaced her with (an import) thats not needed.

@minkie
    ps i hope Bailey stays with Magic 😉

minkie
    Participant

Yeah I’ve never quite gotten over how they ditched Meels, good on Dunn for making the move. I’m unhappy at Internationals, not the girls themselves, good on them. But it’s lessening our chances at growing home grown (Ferns)
    Magic? Totally unsure, I’m hoping they keep there entire team. I’ll find out the same as public normally, even with the Ferns selection. If I’m lucky I hear 5 minutes before it’s announced, so frustrating BUT with Noel’s worry, do we really want to put the girls through that, knowing failing is a high risk? I don’t know any more lol. Ferns have to play of course but yeah …. crashing is horrible.

minkie
    Participant

And what the hecks happening with Aus netball, monetary woes sound dreadful and serious. So many news feeds tonight about there dire situation.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

My 12:
    Wilson
    Ekanasio (If fit) if not then Nweke
    Mes
    Metuarau
    Crampton
    Winders
    Kersten
    Saunders
    Jury
    Fitzpatrick
    Karaka
    Johnson
    I picked Johnson over Ma’nua because I just don’t think she’ll be a threat internationally. Johnson has proven herself time and time again that she has that x-factor in the international stage and I remember in the 2015 ANZ premiership she also didn’t have the best season but during NWC she rose to the occasion. Also didn’t pick Poi because she’s just not the same player she was at last years con cup.

mcleod
    Participant

It’s 7 years ago since Kayla was at her best, now she can’t even play 30min let alone 60. She lucky to get a trial. So you have Kersten and Winders as the C options, both proven to be poor in the ferns in that position, bring on 6th place.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Poi won’t be as dominant as she was before. She was up against an extremely tired Australian Diamonds compared to her who was a pair of fresh legs. Put her up against Hadley and she won’t have that much of an impact imo.

mcleod
    Participant

I never mentioned Poi, there are others who are better options than Winders and Kersten.
    Heffernan, Earle, Mila R-B, guess Poi can be included with those 3.

Kersten and Winders have been tried and tried at C in the Ferns, and it has never worked, but hey if you
    are happy for the Ferns to come 4th,5th,6th!!. Then by all means take a very defensive mid court, and a WD/GD that hasn’t played a full game this year, and not a full game for the Ferns since 2017

Netballfan1
    Participant

@mcleod literally on page two of this thread you said that Earle ‘had not much clue what to do’ so interesting to see you supporting her now?? :wacko:
    We all know you’re a massive fan of Poi. Like others on here I do not think she’s had a good season. She had one good tournament for the Ferns quite some time ago. I don’t think you’d be supporting any other player to the same level based off the same evidence

WeWood
    Participant

More I think about it, I reckon the midcourt should be:

Crampton – WA
    Gordon – WA/C/WD
    Heffernan – WD/C
    MRB – WA/C

Sorry Poi and sorry to Saunders too.

And I think having Gordon and Heffernan as your WD options gives you speed when you need it OR hands over pressure to get the feed into the circle lifted to give the defenders a crack.

Heffernan is a bit of a wildcard selection, but would your rather back-in a youngster to give it a red hot crack, or have a known middle of the road option give you what you can expect?

mcleod
    Participant

With the right coaching Earle would improve, none of the Mystics had a clue on what to do without Grace.
    Poi won’t be in the Ferns, she isn’t even in the squad. Kersten will be the main C, with Winders the backup.
    I will look forward to Ferns v NZ A though

Maryann
    Participant

I think Mes will be back for Magic. I saw on her insta that she’s purchased a house in Mt Maunganui so can’t imagine she would move on now.
    I’m very pleased she allowed her name to go forward for selection and that she’s made the squad – I do think that after the Word Cup year she may retire and move on with her career and her life outside netball. She’s fought so hard to play the game she loves and been so badly bashed by media and public yet persevered that I have nothing but respect for her.

minkie
    Participant

Papamoa and yeah she’s got a good future with Sky Sports. I’m hoping all of the Magic team stay together. As for the media? NZ media was the worst and sadly the Netball NZ sites (Silver Ferns) for not removing the worst of the comments. 5 years can change alot with online bullying. But she’s tough and thankfully survived. As for the Ferns this year? Who knows but I’ll definitely just stay on this site and look at no other media as feel this isn’t our time to shone :good:

Baller
    Participant

We have some amazing C at ANZp level but none of them are quite right internationally. DNT is going to need to select at least 3 strong candidates to cover 1 position. I don’t mind who she selects as long as they bring their skills and learnings across to the WC23.

This would require Crampton to hold her position at WA, I think someone else mentioned this already.

Maryann
    Participant

I’d like to see an attacking centre at C (so C/WA) for the Ferns as the initial selection, don’t mind if the back up is a WD/C. I can’t think of a player who has been outstanding all season at C and the Ferns really require 2 of them.

Anonymous

Heffernan could be the answer if they can build her mana quickly within the ferns environment.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Silver Ferns trialists