JinxiboParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 6:05 amPost count: 1146
re the RNZ potential team, how can you pick Dunn over Wilson?
Maia has more international experience and has been tested at GA at that level. She would give DNT a few more options.
MRB is your in-form C this season, she has to get a seat on the plane. She’s had a better season than Winders and SaundersRMBParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 7:47 amPost count: 181mcleodParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 8:42 amPost count: 1478
Well Guthrie is a big loss. But Watson, Burger and prob Ekenasio are biggestschmeetleParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 9:19 amPost count: 243
When was the last time Ferns played Jamaica? I’m thinking about Wilson vs Sterling…WeWoodParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 9:45 amPost count: 531
Sighted at the Viaduct this morning, Burger on crutches with the NNZ marketing person (remembered the face from the Pure series).
I did want to say hard luck but thought that might be a bit weird haha.
Appeared in good spirits. No other Ferns/triallists near/around and Burger wasn’t in team kit. Must be observing trials however.mcleodParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 10:10 amPost count: 1478
Yes 2020 Nations Cup, twice, 1 very big win, and 1 biggish win to FernsMaryannParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 10:42 amPost count: 956BallerParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 12:05 pmPost count: 479
So we could be taking a very understrength team…due to illness around trial dates amongst MANY other things.
Honestly, I feel like the netball gods are telling the SF to use their game time wisely and prepare for 2023.tasmanParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 3:24 pmPost count: 22
my prediction for DNT’s pick (as opposed to the players I would want to take….)
lock – Wilson
likely – Mes and Eke, pending fitness/illness
probable – Dunn
possible – Metuarau
– with Eke potentially not yet fit to be starting 7, DNT will want to take experienced players, so there is no way Wilson will get dropped, despite her mid season shooting form, which also appear to have gotten better. DNT and Leigh Gibbs have always talked about choosing players that fit their game plan, which is a mobile shooting circle. They also talked about players that can change up their playing style. While Grace is the most dominant shooter, she can only really play a holding style, and she has the ankle injury. Wilson and Dunn can play the moving circle and hold strongly too. As for GA, Mes gets in for fitness, athleticism and mostly, experience. Eke will be the preferred GA, but if she is ill/unfit, then Metuarau will get in.
lock – Crampton and Saunders
likely – Gordon
probable – Kersten
possible – MRB, Winders (or Johnson here as WD)
– Crampton and Saunders are definitely in the team. That covers a starting WA in Crmapton, and Saunders for back up at C and WA. Since Burger is out, we need WD options and Gordon has been the most impressive, and is also super versatile, so I expect her to get the starting WD bib, providing cover a C/WA in pool play. So that leaves a starting C, which I would personally prefer MRB, but that unfortunately leaves you light on WD cover. Unlike Burger, our GD’s haven’t been tested at WD, other than Johnson, so I think DNT will choose a C/WD slide player. My feeling is Kersten has a better attacking play than Winders, and Heffernan hasn’t got the experience, hence my prediction.
lock – Jury
likely – Karaka, Fitzpatrick, pending fitness/illness etc
probable – Manua
possible – Johnson or Temu
– Jury is a lock for GK with Fitzpatrick as cover, GD is likely Karaka based on experience, but Manua has the combination. As above, DNT is light on good WD cover, so Johnson is the bolter, but depends on her fitness/injury status and her combinations with circle defenders at trials.
GS – Wilson
GA – Eke (or Mes if Eke not going)
WA – Crampton
C – Kersten
WD – Gordon
GD – Manua
GK – JurymcleodParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 3:48 pmPost count: 1478
My 12 plus 3 reserves.
Shooters. Wilson, Mes, metuarau, Dunn.
Middies crampton, Saunders, Poi, Gordon.
Defence. Jury, karaka, Temu, Manu’a
Reserves. Nweke, Winders, Burley.
It prob won’t look anything like that, but.Ian HarkinModeratorJune 21, 2022 at 3:59 pmPost count: 15861CrocusParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 4:47 pmPost count: 5
My 12 plus reserves (I’m going for experience):
Attack: Wilson, Mes, Ekanasio (If not fit then Selby-Ricket), Metuarau
Midcourt: Saunders, Crampton, Winders, Kersten
Defence: Jury, Karaka, Fitzpatrick, Johnson
Reserves: Nweke, Gordan, Manua
Gk: JuryKwkiwiParticipantJune 21, 2022 at 6:01 pmPost count: 136
I would have:
Attack: Nweke, Dunn, Ekanasio, Metuarau
Midcourt: Saunders, Crampton, Sokolich Beatson, Gordon
Defence: Jury, Manua, Fitzpatrick, Temu
Reserves: Wilson, Kersten, Souness, Reuleu Buchanan
Just about the Pulse side 🤪. Why not? If the Silver Ferns coach has stated we haven’t got a chance we might as well blood some new talent.
WeWoodParticipantJune 22, 2022 at 1:29 pmPost count: 531
- This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Kwkiwi.
I see on Instagram Eke doing school pick-ups. Assuming she hasn’t made the trip up to AKL?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.