Silver Ferns WC squad predictions

Silver Ferns WC squad predictions2023-05-09T22:49:09+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    Participant

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by silverferns1.
      TB
      Participant

Metuarau is really coming into form. I do wonder if she meets the SFs fitness levels?
        I remember earlier in the season, they questioned her fitness on Inside Netball.

Baller
        Participant

Can anyone remember the travelling reserves who trained at SS coast WC19?
          Souness and Wilson (though Fitzpatrick is also in my head)?
          Might give an indication as to how many shooters DNT will take. At least 4 in the main squad.

Metuarau has played every single second of the ANZp so far, I’m assuming she is meeting her SF targets.

silverferns1
          Participant

I dont think DNT will take Metuarau. Noeline only takes shooters who will turn to post. Metuarau shooting 5 goals in an entire game isn’t helping her international chances. She needs to be actively shooting so in pressure situations she is use to shooting and is also taking the pressure off the GS. She isn’t featuring in the top 10 stats for anything in the ANZP.

Netballfan1
            Participant

Metuarau looks a lot better conditioned at the moment than she did for fast 5. She must have worked hard to get fitness back! I think she will be the travelling reserve for the shooters

mcleod
              Participant

Metuarau is a big NO for me in the WC 15, her lack of even trying to shoot is a joke, she passes of even when 1.35m from the post.
                She is lazy on defence, and her late contacts are worse than Toeava.

silverferns1
                Participant

I think DNT will only take 4 shooters in the 15.
                  2 midcourters as reserves and 1 defender or initially take 4 shooters in the 12 but then swap 1 shooter for a midcourter later in the competition.

mcleod
                  Participant

You can’t just swap players in and out of the reserves, they have to have a tournament ending injury. It’s been explained many times.

Netballfan1
                    Participant

McLeod I’m finding a lot of your comments on this thread quite belittling and am just wondering why that is? Part of the fun in participating in a forum like this is speculation so there’s no need to be so dismissive of other people’s thoughts and opinions

Baller
                      Participant

Reserves

Here is a really good article reminder explaining reserves for anyone interested.
                        I did also read reserves changes need to apply in writing with evidence.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Baller.
                        mcleod
                        Participant

I’m just explaining the rules of the reserves, no harm in that.

silverferns1
                          Participant

McLeod, When did I say swap them in and out??? I’m well aware of the rule. How are you going to know if a player did really have a sore painful back???? Injury also isn’t the only reason for a player to be swapped FYI McLeod

Netballfan1
                            Participant

I think too your comments referring to anyone endorsing Metuarau just aren’t nice. I can only imagine how you’d react if someone spoke about poi the way you spoke about Metuarau?

NZChampion
                              Participant

Interesting thoughts on 3 shooters. That would make Souness the WA/C/GA option. There for making the team because she wasn’t in my team. From memory she was very much like Grace Rassmusen in GA. Speedy and carved the front of the circle well. However, would Noeline do it? Stranger things have happened I guess. That allows Crampton, Toeava, Souness, Heffernen and Gordan into the frame. That’s a stunning midcourt IMO.

Defence and shooters are sorted I think. Drop Maia and keep Ekenasio, Nweke and TP.

Maryann
                                Participant

However it’s done I think there need to be 4x shooters with at least 3 able to play both GA and GS. I note above that Sulu was potentially risky due to carrying an injury. I think Watson is a bigger risk and potentially won’t be named as she can’t run at trainings so may find fitness and the risk of being further injured. Will Watson be in contention still? I have no idea. Nb I’m not saying Sulu should be named. I’d take her as a reserve.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 228 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top