Six clubs to relocate to Adelaide

Six clubs to relocate to Adelaide2021-07-15T15:17:07+10:00

Forums Australia Six clubs to relocate to Adelaide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I actually think this is the best relocation option. SA is probably the most appropriate state to relocate to in regard to COVID restrictions and borders.

I wonder if all the matches will be allowed crowds or if some teams will be able to train and have their matches but can’t have crowds initially.

mcleod
    Participant

Last 4 rounds to be played over 2 weeks. Who pays for this is it Netball Aus or the Clubs.
    It must be costing massive money. The NRL are 5 million $ a week for their Qld bases.
    So I’d say the SSN is 100,000 – 200,000 $$

JR
    Participant

Thanks for the information.

sami j
    Participant

If the rest of the season is condensed then I wonder if there will be squads of 12 or even give the clubs the option to have 12, if the teams even managed to relocate that many players (I don’t think the swifts and giants have)

Ian Harkin

They haven’t announced that they’re going to condense the season yet although it’s a good chance.

Please if you can, follow our NS Twitter account and Jenny Sinclair’s account too for updates, and we’ll have more details up later…

https://twitter.com/NetballScoop https://twitter.com/summerhill1003

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hmmm would be a shame not to increase the squad sizes not to mention a risk in terms of the health of the players. However, if the squad sizes weren’t increased before the first few teams already relocated, then maybe they won’t have that option. Or maybe they will allow additional players to travel over?

Sarah0
    Participant

Tayla Honey and Rahni we’re on the Vixens Instagram stories at the Airport, so maybe they’re allowed extended squads?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Sarah0.
    PICASSO123
    Participant

I also spotted Emma Ryde for the Pies. They for sure taking squads of 12.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

minkie
    Participant

If we’re not allowed to move, why should they?
    We’re all doing it tough.
    Players that are there should be the only ones playing, no fly ins.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oooh Liz raises an interesting point regarding the new collective bargaining agreement.

Joyjamie
    Participant

As far as I know Swifts only have their 10 players not any additions with them. if it was condensed season how would that affect them if they play 2 games a week and get injuries. cannot see how they can call up replacements from Sydney has to come from Adelaide I guess,

WeWood
    Participant

Come on down Pitman?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Six clubs to relocate to Adelaide