Scramble to lock in players for 2021 ANZ Premiership

Scramble to lock in players for 2021 ANZ Premiership2020-09-11T13:17:46+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Participant

sadly it’s going to be a very very long season for the steel next year. I know they have targeted and lost a lot of players for next season with many taking less money to be in other teams which is heartbreaking. Still hopeful to have some decent players come down this way. But she’s not looking good at all. Does anyone have any inside knowledge they would like to share.

Nesian
      Participant

@steelsupporter84 The Steel are my favourite team but I haven’t actually heard a lot just because I haven’t been down the stadium to catch up on the gossip because of level 2. From what I know they have got a couple of good signings. Both are eager to make their mark in the ANZ and both have the skill level to do so. More importantly, they both want to be here and prove their worth to the Steel and to those in charge of higher honours.

The Steel were so close to having an amazing team. If they had signed their two main targets then Crampton would have stayed. Then if they signed the two that they just have I suspect they would have gone all the way to the finals or very close to it but it wasn’t to be.

You have to keep the faith!

steelsupporter84
        Participant

I know the two we missed out on, but who are the two that we have got, go on give me a clue. I know we have a shooter from magic. And possibly a GA from pulse.

thunder123
          Participant

My guesses are:
            Tiana from Pulse.
            Not sure about Magic, maybe Williams?

Waylay
            Participant

Nesian once all the signings are confirmed can you let us know who these players were that the Steel went after? Would be super interesting to know!

steelsupporter84
              Participant

I’m pretty sure it was Dunn and Burger.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                Participant

McPhee would do well at Steel or back up to Dunn at Pulse. A new environment might be good for her game. She has the talent, I think being the leader in that shooting circle was too much for her this year and wasn’t given the right direction from the coaching team (judging by the way the team played)

ALM deserves another contract, but maybe she wants to go back to Queensland? Williams will surely get a contract somewhere you would think

Interesting off season. I wonder if the new system had a big impact on players moving. I was shocked to see Burger confirmed at Tactix. Great signing from Tactix. Allows Watson to focus on GK.
                  I thought Pulse would have built the defence around her in the years to come

thunder123
                  Participant

Souness back at the Pulse.

Waylay
                    Participant

Pulse have also confirmed the signings of Maddy Gordon and Claire Kersten. They’ve also signed 18 year old WD/C Paris Lokotui.

Must mean Renee Savaiinea is headed elsewhere…

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                      Participant

Strong midcourt. Renee to Magic or Steel?

al_ex
                        Participant

I just can’t believe how strong the Pulse line is considering the tier system, it must be a great club to play for. The idea that Jury, Gordon and Souness are probably all Tier 3/Tier 4 is ludicrous! Does anyone know what the salary is in the specific brackets?

Paul2020
                          Participant

Hopefully Saunders, THSR, Heffernan and Fifita will re-sign at least.

It sounds like Metuarau might be signing with them and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dani Grey back too, based on some of the rumours.

I thought Halpenny was pretty good when she played this year, though i don’t know if she’d want to put off her police career for netball.

McPhee would be a solid signing, and would be bound to get decent court time with O’Connell still injured.

Otherwise I reckon a veteran like Paula Griffin, Donna Wilkins or Jodi Brown might be a temporary GS option until Steel’s injured young shooters are back.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Paul2020.
                            sarahlove
                            Participant

Paula Griffin is currently pregnant, so maybe not her!

Nesian
                              Participant

@al_ex $31k-$35 tier 4, $37k-$42k tier 3.

I’m hoping we haven’t got Mcphee coming, she’s only a low 80% shooter which as we saw with the magic,does not add up to wins. We’ve got a solid GA, just need a good GS.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top