SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I read Caitlin Bassetts comments and I understand her problems and think at times she was hard done by. I think she has made the right move going to play for Magic. One paragraph she says she was used to full games and didn’t like the chopping and changing. She said she felt that if she made a mistake she would be taken off. Now you know how hard it was for Thwaites to sit on the bench and your coach not backing you no matter how well you play. Play the best week in week out you can help you play stronger, but sit on the bench you can loose confidence and it’s a mental hurdle. I can understand that and it would be hard but Thwaites did that 24/7 in the Australian team. Thwaites has learnt to adapt and be a true team player with good ethics. The pressure of not being on the court, sometimes showed its Thwaites game and I’m sure it hurts Caitlin Bassett. I hope she has fun at Magic and her game grows

scratcher
      Participant

Not sure how accurate the list is as I am pretty sure Eagland is out of contract with Fever at the end of this year, recall that all Fever players except Anstiss, Bruce, Fowler and Teague Neeld were contracted til end of 2020…..I could be wrong, but dont think so.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by scratcher.
        Netballcrazy1
        Participant

I believe when Fever players were signed, the announcement simply stated that they were multi-year deals and no specifics were given as whether they were 2 or 3 year deals. But I may be wrong, but that’s what I remember

aqua301
          Participant

Uhhhhh as a Firebirds I’m not thrilled about Rav coming back. I am hoping that article is just speculation and not actually true, as there has been no sign of activity on Firebirds/Magpies/Ravs story.
            I was really hoping they would have a midcourt of Cassidy, Simpson, Dunkley/Mi Mi/Gardner. Annoyed that they’ve signed Rav who wasn’t performing well pre-baby and probably is more expensive than most of the players on that team list AND now are having to let go of a few of the young, upcoming midcourters (3 who are in the Development Squad and an U21).

T-BirdsAreGo
            Participant

I’m watching AFL 360 and they’re discussing Adam Trealor (Kim R’s partner) and his possible move to Qld given Kim is playing netball in Qld next season. Have I missed something?

T-BirdsAreGo
              Participant

Disregard…! :good:

englishrose21
                Participant

I just saw the AFL clip and was so confused. It doesn’t make sense to me for Rav to go to Firebirds. Mahalia should be playing C and Simpson WD?
                  Unless Simpson is moving?? Would love her to play for Swifts ? (I don’t think this is happening but that would be an insane team) I saw Swifts because she’s from NSW isn’t she?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by englishrose21.
                  Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

For all we know any of the midcourters at Firebirds could be leaving. All are uncontracted. If they have managed to convince Rav to sign in her current situation where her partner is in Vic and she has a newborn, then it wouldn’t be a decision made lightly. Firebirds must be losing someone in the mid court and been able to garuantee good court time and/or good coaching. I can’t see why else they would unnecessarily sign a player who was in worse from than all the 2020 Firebirds midcourters. Someone must be leaving, Rav must be motivated to regain her form, and Firebirds must be confident that they can get Rav back to where she was

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                    Participant

Interesting. The Fbirds midcourt were fine this year.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

I’m thinking it’s not a case of fine or not, I reckon one of the midcourt players has been lured away with the chance of more consistent court time or for other personal reasons. It’s anyone’s guess as to who it could be since there are some spots opening up at Lightning, a midcourter at Thunderbirds, and maybe a WD bib at Swifts. I guess we’ll find out soon enough

aqua301
                        Participant

Cassidy to SCL maybe/probably? Previously coached by Byrne, played in ANL with McAuliffe & Scherian, develop a combination with Wood & Koenan.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by aqua301.

Guys, the reason Firebirds wouldn’t have announced Ravaillion signing is because they would have been holding off until after the GF just as all of the teams are holding off until after the GF. But a reporter for a website which mainly concentrates on AFL isn’t worried about formalities like that, so he comes straight out with it.

Tully
                            Participant

There is an article on the Age today which is predominantly rly about Treloar however, it does say Firebirds also approached Ravaillion after last year to play 2020. Then of course Rav fell pregnant. So it would seem this is something that has been on the cards for awhile.

K2
                              Participant

The AFL article read to me like a leak from Rav’s manager. It had too much specific information about Rav /Treloar and even unnecessarily dropped the name of the manager in there and gave him big ups…

Tully
                                Participant

Firebirds have now confirmed Arab’s signing

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top