SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Another great example of that is Joe Ingles with Renee! I know it should be the standard but it is still lovely to hear them be so supportive when it comes to supporting the sporting careers of their significant other.

TB
      Participant

So I am secretly hoping the Fbirds sign Chelsea Pitman too. Seeing as Rav and her are unwanted by their clubs. It’ll be a big ? if they were to take out next season with their old club!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by TB.
        Cath
        Participant

Sarah Klau & Maddy Turner have re-signed with Swifts :good:

Joyjamie
          Participant

Fantastic news! Best defensive partnership, feel like Oliver want to ask for more. Does anyone think there will be much change for the Swifts, maybe Wing defence, not sure who could come in that would improve that area

Jbss
            Participant

I would love Simpson or Parmenter to go to Swifts but doubt either will happen. I wouldn’t mind a player like Cobden too. Moore can be there fourth defender as she covers all three positions.

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

I hope Swifts retain most of their roster. With a stronger WD they will solve a lot of their problems related to defensive pressure and enable more turnovers.

Zara Collings
                Participant

Oh Jbss that is such a good shout, I would love to see Cobden at swifts ?

Participant

Ooh would love another WD, but also think Swifts would have done better this year had Turner been fully fit all season – she’s def an underrated part of that team (can you tell I’m still upset they lost to fever haha)

aqua301
                    Participant

I’m watching the Fever v Vixens draw. Sue Gaudion talks about Colyers ACL and talks about it being a “career ending” injury? Can anyone confirm whether she’s not actually coming back to netball?

al_ex
                      Participant

I’m not sure if it’s career-ending, but it will surely be very hard for her to get a contract again. Cosh has been good and can also slip into the shooting end, Charles and Anstiss have been standouts and the defensive end is really full. I’m not really sure where she would fit back in.

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

I too was contemplating how likely it is for Colyer to return to Fever. She is loved over there but unfortunately for her, Cosh has been great at WA and can slide into GA (which I would like to see more of).

Tully
                          Participant

I know there has been a lot of talk about young shooters and if they will get contracts (Dwyer, McDonald, Allen, Letherbarrow – I think the first two and maybe 3 will get contracts). But there hasn’t been much of any mention of Georgia Marshall. Will be interested to see where she ends up.

al_ex
                            Participant

Is Marshall at the same level as those girls? It’s obviously tough in Sydney right now with all the shooters NSW has but I think I’d take Singleton before her.

NettySuperFan
                              Participant

I’m not going to lie, I’m disappointed that Dwan has signed with Firebirds for 2020. I was hoping to see her move so she can get proper court time.

So with Firebirds signing Aiken, Bueta and Dwan, they only have 3 positions left available. So at least 3 of either Venter, Dunkley, MiMi, Gardner, Simpson and Cassidy will not play at Firebirds for 2021. You can assume Venter will be one of them. I also expect Cassidy and Simpson will get a contract.

I also wonder whether Venter will play in Australia in 2021. I don’t know if there is really any other clubs that would want her.

aqua301
                                Participant

I think Venter would work at Collingwood? Probably a lot better than Nelson and would provide good support for a GA.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top