SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t know if Marshall is at the same level of not al_ex, yo be honest I haven’t seen a lot of her okay. I just know she was a Giants TP and then signed for Magic so must be something there.

As for Venter. I highly doubt she will get another SSN contract. I expected her to go to the UK but nothing has been said so she may be going to play in South Africa. Basically hasn’t played for two years so no doubt she knows wherever she goes she has to get court time.

My money would be on Mi Mi, Gardner and Venter missing out at FBs.

Dwan is the future and I expect will get quite a lot of court time next year. Bueta isn’t due till January. It is Dunkley that I am afraid will bench sit behind Cassidy and Rav. Cassidy is actually a great WA.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Agree. I think Mimi, Gardner, and Venter will be let go but I do hope Firebirds monitor the optics when they announce Mimi isn’t returning because the club has a really competitive midcourt and she is unlucky to be missing out. Hopefully she gets a contract at Lightning or Thunderbirds because I personally think she has a long future at this level and I like her style of play, especially if she can reduce her turnover numbers. Same for Gardner, bright future.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I think it would be a wise career move for MiMi to move clubs. I think she needs something fresh, to take her game to the next level. I feel like she has plateaued a little over the last two years, so going somewhere where the coach can really harness her dynamism would be a good thing. I really enjoy MiMi so I would miss her not being at the Firebirds, but I think its best for her if she moves clubs.

Ian Harkin

Surely the timing of Colyer’s injury this year pretty much rules her out of 2021? Remember, the season started late so she was injured at the end of August. No way is she going to be ready for the start of a new regular season.

Ian Harkin

Tully
    Participant

Wow! Just wow.

Did not see that happening. Big loss for FBs. Cassidy had a great year and has grown into such a strong C.

Whoever has got her has great signing.

Ana
    Participant

I think she’s going to Lightning, and as a Lightning supporter, I’m very excited.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I can’t help but wonder if Rav coming back prompted this or if Cassidy was planning on leaving before that choice was made because I think Cassidy would have had the upper hand at the Firebirds, on Rav who was not in great form at Collingwood.
    Cassidy to Lightning or Thunderbirds.
    This means one of Mimi or Gardner can stay at Firebirds. My money’s on Mimi but who knows.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Thats sad news. Mahalia was one of the best for Firebirds this year. She will most likely head over to Thunderbirds or Lightning. This signing gives me hope for MiMi staying at Firebirds, hopefully the new coach can take her game to next level.

Tully
    Participant

Cassidy was in my opinion the best FB midcourter this year. I know they have gained an experienced Diamond but they have lost a form player on the rise.

If it is Lightning then great pick up. Their midcourt was a mess this year.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Also I hadn’t consider this before the Cassidy annoucement, but could Pitman be picked up by the Firebirds now. I don’t know if they’d be able to afford all those big names though… Aiken, Bueta, Pitman, Ravaillion, Simpson would be a massive line-up but if they could afford it….. :whistle:

gwalk11
    Participant

I like Pitman but I think the team does not need her. Better off giving Dunkley court time because she is the future.

Ian Harkin

There goes Firebirds’ chance of having a really strong midcourt you would think. Unless they unearth someone brilliant at WA. Now it’s likely to be no better and maybe worse than this year. Rav at C and Cassidy at WA would have been great.

I hope they didn’t get Rav at the expense of Cassidy.

aqua301
    Participant

Very sad that Cassidy is off but I’m happy she’s not going to sit behind Rav in C. Would hope they keep Dunkley and Mi Mi. A Dunkley/Mi Mi/Simpson would be a strong midcourt option.

netballfan91
    Participant

Surely FB recruited Rav after Cassidy let them know she was leaving?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours