SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I suspect Allen will go uncontracted in 2021, seeing she was only a training partner in 2021, although it would be could to see her move so she could get a contract (her sister is a Lightning…). I think Gardner is deserving of a contract somewhere but if she doesn’t move, and chooses to be a TP, that won’t surprise me either. Magpies are putting a lot of faith in Nelson as thier only GS especially since she hasn’t improved as much as most had hoped. Hopefully playing with Ravaillon will help settle and improve Mi Mi’s game a bit, and take her to that next level!

NettySuperFan
      Participant

We should also be expecting an announcement about Cassidy soon, right? Seeing as the contracting period is fully open, she can officially sign with whichever club she is moving to, and I don’t see why that would take too long. I’m secretly hoping it’s Thunderbirds, because her and Nankivell would make an awesome duo!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by NettySuperFan.
        Tully
        Participant

Interesting comment at the end of the FB announcement article on their website re their midcourt. They say they are waiting on SSN to confirm squad sizes!!

Come on SSN how can you expect clubs to finalise lists and players to make decisions if they don’t know this!

Joyjamie
          Participant

Would have though squad sizes should have been settled before the transfer window open. keeping fingers crossed for 12. What about Melbourne Vixens shooting circle? Think if Helen Housby wasn’t contracted she would have been ideal. Do they go for Sam Wallace

NettySuperFan
            Participant

I mean, there not going to expand to 12 players per team, the league is already struggling for money, their not going to be able to pay for 16 extra players. If anything, it will be the same as this year, with teams able to bring 2 training partners into their gameday team.
              Why would Vixens sign Wallace? They will probably sign Kumwenda, and then most people are thinking Glasgow and McDonald would be the other two shooters. If Swifts don’t sign Wallace, I reckon it will be because she wants to go home.

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

Re squad sizes I saw that in a SSN statement a few weeks ago and asked the same thing, pretty ridiculous that clubs don’t know. Although I’m assuming squad size refers to TP not the number of contracted players as the salary cap has not changed.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Very happy to see Mimi and Dunkley retained but sad to see Gardner demoted, I really hope she grabs a contract somewhere, she seems very promising. Allen also, but I think she might be stuck as a TP for another year or so, unfortunately a lot of shooting stock coming through at the moment and I really don’t know when we’ll see another gap, like the one Thwaites and Phillip will leave, that Allen will get to fill.

Tully
                  Participant

Yes it probably is in respect of whether they can have 12 in game day. But still SSN should have confirmed this to the clubs already.

NettySuperFan
                    Participant

But surely that wouldn’t have an impact on who they sign as such, just who their training partners are

Tully
                      Participant

Then confirm that to them. If netball wants to move further into professionalism matters like this should be confirmed.

In saying that I think it could impact the mix of who they sign. If they know they can take 2 TPs for game day they may sign less defenders in their squad of 10 and more shooters knowing they can use the two spots for defenders.

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

Ah yes i see where you’re coming from Tully, clubs could opt to not go for the traditional roster split depending on whether or not they can have 12 on game day.

Tully
                          Participant

Thunderbirds didn’t offer Shimmin a contract.

Hopefully Shimmin has known this for awhile and has been able to have discussions with other clubs. I would imagine that both Collingwood and Lightning would be interested.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.
                            NettySuperFan
                            Participant

WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY. If she doesn’t get a contract somewhere, imma be mad.

Joyjamie
                              Participant

Seems Thunderbirds are having a clear out. Could she end up in a England with the Leeds Rhinos, knows Dan Ryan well. Would bring experience and they are offering full time programme. If not where in Suncorp, experience to Swifts maybe.

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

God I hope she gets a contract at another SSN club or even Rhinos. She has worked so hard for so many years and can bring a lot to any team. Poor decision on behalf of the Thunderbirds. Who are they going to sign? Blackman? Shimmin vs. Blackman, not much of a decision to make there

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top