SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 768 total)
  • Author

Ummm, dare I say it, but Nelson/Sinclair/McCollin doesn’t exactly scream Super Netball champions. I can see them spending another year in the cellar.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

I’m sure Sterling will return for another season but beyond that I’m uncertain. I also get the feeling this decision is recent just based on other announcements, but hopefully I’m wrong and Shimmin has had time to field other offers

Ana
        Participant

Lightning have signed Peace and Phumza for 2021.

Tully
          Participant

There is an article on the Vixens website about Kumwenda and her MVP performance. She talks about coming back from her injury and wanting them to win again next year and working with new shooters coming in ….

I’d say that’s unofficial confirmation of where MJ will unsurprisingly be.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.
            • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.
            NettySuperFan
            Participant

For some strange reason, I’m getting the sense that Langman is moving to the Thunderbirds. I reckon Thunderbirds must be picking up a BIG name in the midcourt, probably a centre. The only other options I can think of are JLP cause she has a connection to Obst, or Guthrie because if she wanted to come back to Australia they wouldn’t really be a spot for her at Giants.

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

No way Langman comes to Adelaide. She won’t play her last season (or maybe two) at a new club. In typical Thundebird fashion, their ‘big signing’ will probably be Cassidy (or another young C), who even though has a lot of potential, again lacks experience.

Leopard1
                Participant

Langman to retire???

Why on earth would Langman go to Adelaide? It’s either Sunshine Coast or retirement for her.

Nankivell, Petty and van der Merwe re-sign for Tbirds.

NettySuperFan
                      Participant

Honestly I don’t know why Langman would either, but I’ve just got a feeling. Pretty disappointed in Thunderbirds signing Petty. She has been very bad for them this year, and your chosing to sign her over Pitman too. But its also not surprising as Obst has always thought highly of Petty. I just hope she doesn’t get captain again next year, because she should be a bench player.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by NettySuperFan.
                        James
                        Participant

Surprised Proscovia signed again. Thought she would be starting and full time GS in VNSL. Koenen is the obvious preferred GS at Lightning and I don’t see her moving anywhere

NettySuperFan
                          Participant

In an article about her signing, she said that although she would prefer to be starting, she happy to be getting 10mins her or 5mins there. She said the Lightning environment is a good experience for her

thunder123
                            Participant

Disappointed with Tbirds mid court trio. If you added Pitman to it, I’d be okay. But I feel they need a superstar fourth midcourter in that group to compete with other teams. If pitman was in the group, and the fourth mid was Orr/Williams, it would be ok IMO.

Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

Unfortunately Petty and her injuries and concussions have derailed her form and career. I would keep her but on the bench, should not be captain at all. Let’s see if Thunderbirds can pull a miracle out of the bag for the fourth kid courtier because at this rate, they will be back to wooden spoons of the comp.

Ana
                                Participant

Annika Lee Jones is leaving Lightning.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top