SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Lightning made a massive deal about that announcement just to announce 2 of their regulars!

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Sophie Dwyer elevated to Giants squad proper.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

And Teague-Neeld, Francis and Lewis re-sign with Fever. I’m surprised at Francis but I think she feels stones have been left unturned!

JH
    Participant

Maybe Pitman to Fever now Ingrid Colyer and Shannon Eagland are out?

Also had a feeling Stanton wouldn’t be resigned which I feel may come true now she is the last to be announced. Would Glasgow go to Fever?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by JH.
    Tully
    Participant

Weston, Watson, Kumwenda and Dehaney are all signed to Vixens.

TB
    Participant

Pitman could fit in at Lightning too, now that Langman has retired. Scherian at C and Pitman WA, could be a nice combination.
    They only have 1 more year with the licence, so going for an experience and fairly inform older player, wouldn’t be a bad idea IMO.

Ian Harkin

Cosh and Aryang sign on at Fever, effectively taking the places of Colyer and Eagland.

Jbss
    Participant

Good to see Dwyer get a contract!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I expect to see some contracted players go to being TPs or possibly dropped all together. Will be interesting to see who makes the cut. Can’t wait until SSN has an extra team or two.

al_ex
    Participant

Wow so Swifts went for four attacking midcourters, I guess we’ll see a lot more of Hadley back at WD next season. It probably is the fairest outcome, I’d like to see Craig included in game day 12s though as I think she has shown herself to be a good impact player. Great to see Fraser get a contract, I’m really excited to see what a Fraser/Proud/Hadley midcourt could look like after a strong pre-season.

I guess Allie Smith will be a TP again. I’m surprised they didn’t move Dehaney on. I rate Kadie more than I think most people do but even I think she’s not really needed at Vixens and the team is a bit too defensively imbalanced with her there.

Joyjamie
    Participant

What is happening with Pitman? Where will she end Up? Could she be headed to England with the Leeds Rhinos maybe, she knows Dan Ryan well and would give the team experience

al_ex
    Participant

I was sure that Pitman would end up somewhere but it seems like teams are rewarding their training partners. Lightning seems like the only option now and she has some competition for that WA spot. Maybe it will end up being the UK? Mystics could have used her if they knew in advance.

Z1989
    Participant

At this point, lightning seems like the only option for pitman now that fever is gone. It still seems like Cassidy is signing with them. They have another space for pitman in the mid court but that means that between pitman, Cassidy and Scerian, someone has to sit on the bench. They don’t really have any options in WD besides mcauliffe unless Cassidy or pretorious play which is pretty unfortunate because they’re both so much more valuable in their respective positions. I really don’t want pitman to leave Australia but even lightning seems like a long shot. If pitman goes to the uk, I think thunderbirds are going to be in some hot water by the fans just because pitman is so loved.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Yeah I’m also worried for Pitman. If Cassidy goes to Thunderbirds rather than Lightning then I would feel much more comfortable about where Pitman stands in getting a contract to stay in Aus. Would really hate if she had to go to the UK to get a contract. As a Thunderbirds fan I wouldn’t mind seeing her or Shimmin at Lightning and playing a part in beating Thunderbirds comfortably in 2021.

enozlas
    Participant

I just can’t get on the Pitman bandwagon.. She had some good games this season but was still very inconsistent and if you look at her last 3 seasons with the TBirds she’s been well below standard for SSN.
    My main concern is that I thought the TBirds let her go as they had a good goalie signing up their sleeve meaning horjus swings across… if Cassidy doesn’t come across it’s going to be a disaster because Petty has had ample opportunity but is not up to it.

Shimmin I am devastated for, she has been a workhorse and such a reliable player. I’m confused by them letting her go considering she played the impact role so well by coming on for Guscoth who grinds players down.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by enozlas.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours