SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think Giants could do with some experience and depth in the WA position, and Pitman has experience feeding a moving circle at international level – I wonder if that last spot could be hers?
      Would love to see her at Lightning, but I think that all hinges on where Cassidy is going…

greenasgxld
      Participant

@enzolas I do agree with you regarding Pitman. But if they drop her and sign Petty then it doesn’t really make sense. Petty hasn’t really been that great for a while. If they don’t sign a solid WA then it’s going to be another year of struggle for them.

aqua301
        Participant

They’ve probably cut Pitman & Shimmin and will be putting more money into keeping Sterling/Guscoth/Potgieter/van de Merwe. I wouldn’t be suprised if they elevate Chelsea Blackman and a young C/WA

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

I don’t know who the third defender will be so I can’t see anyone but Blackman coming in but even that perplexes me because although she was in the 12 for at least half of the season, she barely got any court time and was sent home early in favour of Williams.
            On that note, if Cassidy isn’t coming to Adelaide, Orr or Williams could be getting a contract. Their names are thrown around a little less than some of the other options but if Cassidy is heading to Lightning as many have suggested, other than Gardner (who is probably on par to Orr and Williams), these SA midcourters are probably the only option for domestic talent that is available.

greenasgxld
            Participant

Am I the only one that thinks that Glasgow could sign for Fever? I don’t think that Stanton is contracted and imo she can push for the starting GA more than Stanton.

NettySuperFan
              Participant

For me, Lightning’s signings are the most intriguing. They are getting a new defender, options are: Ash Unie (Lightning TP), Kate Shimmin, Kadie Ann-Dehaney, April Brandley, Matilda Garrett. I suppose Sterling and Guscoth are available atm, but they will probably both sign with Tbirds. They also need 2 new middies, and I don’t think they have an TP that are really pushing the game time. Options are: Mahalia Cassidy (probably), Chelsea Pitman, Macy Gardner, Sophie Craig.
                Also, does anyone know what the situation is with Kayla Cullen. I know she gave birth 2 months ago, and now that Swifts have not re-signed her for 2021 she’ll have to move or retire.

enozlas
                Participant

@greenasgxld yep totally agree re Petty, I feel she is similar to Hodges in that they are both a step above the State League level but they’re just not up to SSN so they unfortunately fall somewhere in between.

I like the prospect of Orr, she has the connection with Maisie from club level and I think showed some real promise in her minutes on court for the Magpies.

NettySuperFan
                  Participant

Hodges is definitely up to SSN standard, just hasn’t been given the oppurtunities which is unforetunate. Just watch the Thunderbird’s games in 2018, she was a standout, and was a large part in keeping the attack line together. Same with her stint with the Stars in 2019.

enozlas
                    Participant

Don’t get me wrong I think Hodges is a fantastic player, however I feel as though for a while there she was a class above as a junior/for her age and has somewhat plateaued in recent times allowing the rest to catch up.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

I think if a team were to actually back Hodges in, she would excel. Outside of her time in NZ, which from everything I have hears, was quite superb, she has gotten very short stints at the Thunderbirds. No consistent time and no belief that she deserves to be there, so even if she wasn’t perfect, I can understand how up and down her experience has been at that club. Maybe she just needs an offer interstate to get court time similar to what she got in NZ.

englishrose21
                        Participant

So I think we have:
                          Thunderbirds with 4 spaces, 3 defence and one (should be) attacking mid court.
                          Magpies: 2 places either 2 defence or 1 defence 1 mid court
                          Giants: 1 defence or mid court. (You’d think it would be Brandley
                          Vixens: 2 middies (i think it’ll be Eddy and McDonald, shame there’s no room for Allie Smith) & 2 goalers (Glasgow? & Vic pathway goaler?)
                          Sunshine Coast: 1 defence (Garrett?) 2 goalers (just need to announce Wood & Koenen) 2 mid (Cassidy? I’d like Pitman)
                          Fever: 1 goaler

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

No @greenasgxld, I also think Glasgow could got to Fever instead of Stanton but also think Vixens is an option too

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant
                              Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

What ever happened to Kelsie Rainbow? Just came to my head now.

Rainbow stranded in Melbourne

I can’t access this article but does it say that she wasn’t able to join the hub or something?

iona
                                Participant

Interesting that Stanton hasn’t been named as getting a contract yet.
                                  I would love to see Glasgow at Fever. Stanton hasn’t contributed a lot to Fever during the many years she has been there. I feel she thought once Medhurst had gone she would be the starting GA. ATN has proved this year she has better court craft than Stanton and her shooting is probably at the same level.
                                  It would be interesting to compare shooting stats of the two although Stanton hasn’t been on court much this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top