SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agree hopes to more team in the future :)

schmeetle
    Participant

Have interstate quarantine requirements changed in WA? Returning WA residents could quarantine at home (with daily visits from police). As much as I’m not a Stanton fan, I hope she has been at home.

Belle
    Participant

If you could have a team were you stole one player or coach from each team who would you take.

I would take
    GS: Folwer (West Coast Fever)
    GA: Tippet ( Firebirds )
    WA: Watson ( Vixens )
    C: Paige Hadley (Swifts )
    WD Parmaentor (Giants)
    GD: Pretorios ( Lighting)
    GK: Mentor ( Magpies)

Coach: Obst (Thunderbirds)

NB12
    Participant

Schmeetle I think you are correct.

AllieC
    Participant

Please no Stanton for Vixens! She’s had her opportunities (pretty much full season in 2017 with Medhurst) and hasn’t been in good enough form since to demand more court time.

Would be a good pick up for a UK team but they are probably way down the line with recruiting now.

gwalk11
    Participant

This may sound tough but – Stanton should not have assumed she was getting a contract. She had pretty much no court time and the writing was on the wall. She should have been proactively talking to other clubs and this should not have come as a surprise that totally blind sided her and left her with no time to plan (as much as it would understandably be a tough and emotional decision to process).

I don’t really see how Fever could have dealt with it better. It is a sad circumstance and a tough decision no matter how you slice it.

Belle
    Participant

Stanton could look at a training partner role. Possible a team like the Magpies. Sinclair has been a Superstar for them but how many seasons does she have left. Not sure though just a thought

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I reckon you’re right Belle. Its looking unlikely that Stanton will be able to land a contract for a club, so aiming for a training partner position with Magpies might be her best bet. The shooting circle is vulnerable with Nelson and Sinclair both not being the strongest players (McCollin should start though, she brings a lot of spark to the court). If she becomes a training partner their, the coach may look to bring her in sometime during the season if any injuries occur.

schmeetle
    Participant

Melbourne is a large city but the netball community in the city may be a little too small for both Medhurst and Stanton :whistle:

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Hahaha. Yes schmeetle I think you’re probably right. I mean if WA wasn’t big enough….

TB
    Participant

Netballcrazy1 I had the very opposite experience when I met Stacey M. It was actually at an engagement party, with obviously a lot of drinking. I went up to her and started asking her a million questions about netball, players etc. She stood there and answered every one of my questions (me being drunk vs her being quite sober). She was really nice!

I look forward to seeing what she can do with the Diamonds.

Re Kaylia: I’m not surprised she’s been let go. I feel she served her time, and the club has decided to move on.

TB
    Participant

I also seen that Ash Neal is returning back to Perth, and not doing another season in the UK. I wonder if she’s being considered for the Fever? She’s a handy GA, who would work in well with JFR.

aqua301
    Participant

With Stanton out from Fever I’m concerned for ATN’s playing future after 2021. I think she’s a much better playmaker than Stanton, however what if Emma Cosh becomes the preferred GA at Fever next year? Who is going to want a GA who doesn’t shoot/has below average accuracy?

Belle
    Participant

I am wondering when will the next big signing happen. It’s been quiet for yesterday and no action yet today. I hope there’s big news on someone switching teams or landing a player from England or anywhere else.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I expect it to be relatively quiet this weekend and then a few announcements on Monday. I’ve only seen a few weekend announcements in every contracting period. I’m itching to know where some key players are going, even if I have my suspcions, some confirmation would be nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours